𝐗𝐈𝐈

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"This man sat in my house and watched tv like he aint hear the tap running all damn day, my water bill went up to the sky, but what am I doing now. Using money to get my hair done." rambled the lady as Aniyah did her.

It was a busy week for both Aniyah and Tamari, customers were flying in especially because they extended the offer of boys and girls from the hood getting their hair done for free for another week.

"Ma'am if you don't leave that man and find yourself a fine hubby."

"Aniyah I can't even walk out the house without that man asking me where I'm going, you think I'm about to meet anybody?"

Aniyah laughed. It was normal for customers to come in and speak of their business. She never seemed to understand how they could speak about their business so openly about their personal life but she wouldn't complain because it was slightly entertaining.

On the other side of the store, Tamari was doing Pop Joe's cut. Everybody knew Pop Joe, he made the best ribs in town and was like a father figure to many in the area. "Hey Tamari, if you don't cut me up the way I like it, I ain't ever making you ribs again." he said laughing.

Tamari certainly felt the pressure but he was good at what he did so he knew it would be light work. "Don't worry I got you." confirmed Tamari.

The door bell rang and in walked Kasiyah and Sincere. They came in laughing non stop and wanted to stop by and see their friends do what they do. Kasiyah and Sincere went out to the fair for a bit and went to go get food.

"Hey best frannn" said Aniyah.

"Hey miss gurl, how are you doing?", she said.

"I'm good."

"Waddup Sincere, I see you on my wife." said Tamari while cutting Fat Joe's hair, and it was surprisingly going wrong.

"Nigga please." said Sincere taking a seat.

"Tamari are you sure you cutting his head right?" asked Kasiyah.He seemed to be twisting and turning his chair in confusion. Pop Joe's hairline was over the moon and so hard to cut that it took full concentration that Tremani sadly didn't have.

"Let me see my shit." said Pop Joe making Tamari sigh.

"Pop Joe he messed it up." said Kasiyah.

"Pass me the mirror."

"Here." said Tamari reluctantly passing it to him.

Aniyah and her customer began sniggering because they knew it was so bad. To be fair, Pop Joe came into the salon with his hair already done bad, so they knew they would defend Tamari.

"Tamari, if the Lord could rid me of my sight right now..."

"Pop Joe your hair was already-

"Don't tell me shit about my hair. I came to you to get it cut and you out here building mountains and valleys with my shit."

"Your hairline-

"My hairline what? it's gone? yeah so are the ribs your always buying from my store. Gone." he said smiling.

"Well bye Pop Joe, i'll see you tomorrow at noon to come collect my ribs."

"I ain't opening the door son." he laughed walking out adjusting his hat.

Kasiyah sat on her phone laughing at the sight. Her mind wandered to Tremani who sat in jail and would be released soon. She felt so sorry for him and wanted the best for him regardless of his wrong.

It was also soon time for her to start filling in the form for the adoption of Kamiyah, Sekani and Pablo. She was dreading the process but she knew it had to be done.

The door bell rang making the whole room silent as everybody looked up to see who entered. A tall slender man who had a bit of weight walked in clearly angry.

"TK?", he asked looking at Tamari.

Tamari continued doing what he was doing ignoring him calling until he said his name about three more times.

"Yes, Jude.", he said.

"He's coming out soon, and if you love the people that you do, then you'd get away from them fast because they are gonna be deep in it just like you.", he said sternly.

"Woah woah woah, you have no right to just come in here and say those words and not tell us what is going on." said Kasiyah slowly standing up.

"Waddup cuhs." said Sincere standing up adjusting his jeans.

"Sincere sit down." said Aniyah mugging him.

"Tamari, tell this man to get out right now." said Kasiyah.

"Leave." he said and with that he left.

"What is going on?"

"Tamari I swear if you bring the life you left behind to us." said Aniyah trying to keep calm.

Tamari was blown away by the way Jude had just walked in to the store, he knew exactly who he was talking about. Murda. When he seen Kasiyah's letters to Murda he knew that things wouldn't go as well as he planned. He didn't want to put Aniyah or anybody else in danger but their city was the best place for him to go.

He never planned to be with them, it was just a coincidence that he met them along the way as he moved from Chicago. He ran away from his problems with Murda. The drug business that he kept open was still open but it was no longer in his name so that was good for him.

Tamari knew what he did to Murda would cause problems as soon as he was let out but one thing he didn't lie about was turning from his old ways. Although he didn't repay his own hood for all of the damage he did it in the one in his new city. He truly struggled and wanted to change.

Jude was friends with both Tamari and Murda. He was giving Murda information about Tamari but never stopped warning Tamari that danger is near and that he should leave or even beware. He tried to calm them down but the damage was already did and done. There were so many times where Tamari wanted to tell Kasiyah what was going on but he knew that she potentially had feelings for him and he didn't want to ruin that.

Murda would be out in a week and he had to devise a plan quick before Kasiyah would bring him around the group. He knew problems would spark.