Chapter 8 - Plot Twist

Chapter 5

Kameron POV

What a night filled with so much emotion and revelations. 

*Flashback*

“This is my place”

“Nice house,dude”

“Feel yourself at home”

I would only feel at home is with the person that beholds my heart. Vance owns my heart. I wouldn’t have ever guessed that it would be him. I set apart for years from female counterparts for the sole overwhelming fear of falling. I have always been terrified of falling for someone that won’t catch me. The thing about this fear is that you don’t know if this person is going to catch you just by looking at them. Not even when you’re falling you have the knowledge that you are going to be cached. You never really know what waits when you fall in love. A painful statement that I love; I love that you never really know anything in love. The doubt is lovable venom. I fear falling for someone who won’t catch me but I set free from it. I break free from the fear that has chained me to walls of routine. I will allow myself to fall in love. Finally

“What movie are we watching?”

“The question is what movie do you want to watch cause I have Netflix”

“You choose that’s my choice”

“We are watching “Now you see me””

“Never seen it”

“Now you will”

He brings some chips and sits down real close to me. I find myself liking his contact. 

We watch the movie. I unconsciously made gay comments all the way yet he answered with gay comebacks.

“Are you gay?” I said this on the risk that he would get offended

“Yes” He is that open about it.

He kisses me. Wow. Is he a good kisser? Butterflies go wild inside me. I kiss him back making my feeling bombs explode up inside me. 

“I love you”

“I love you too”

Things escalated quickly. My intention was to go slow with him but I couldn’t hold it anymore. I am so happy he feels the same way. I think about us in the future together as a family raising an adoptive child but my mind is rapidly invaded with the ideas of the looks of people and all the judgment. I remember why I was afraid of falling for him. 

“We have to keep this a secret”

“Laysha?”

“No” 

“When will we tell her?”

“Soon”

“Okay”

“I’m really glad this is happening”

“Me too”

“Want to stay the night?”

“It would be a tragedy if I left”

Laysha POV

I wake up and notice it is 11 am. I have one hour to get ready. I go down to the kitchen prepare some cereal. Mom is sleeping so I leave her a note that I will be back home possibly for the night but that I am not sure. I go back upstairs and start getting ready. I go for a brandy Melville floral shorts with a white tank top along with a daisy printed on it with some gladiator sandals. I braid a French braid on my really messy hair along with some natural makeup. Its 11:50 I am late so I jump on my car and head my way over to her house. I arrive 20 minutes later I notice Davion’s car and one by its side which I infer to be Connor’s. I park and get out my car. I knock on the door and she opens.

“Hi Meredith”

“Hi Laysha; Thank you for coming feel yourself at home”

“How are you feeling?”

“A bit tired but fine”

“Good”

I sit down on the table where she serves some salad She accompanies it with some rice and turkey. I can see she spent the whole night cooking for us. I sit between Connor and Meredith. Davion immediately devours all of the food he puts on his plate. I put some turkey rice and salad and slowly eat it because it gives me better digestion. Connor eats his rapidly leaving me and Meredith eating. We finish eating; the food was actually so good. We sit down to talk and she gives us gifts. Connor is gifted a t shirt; Davion a packet of nutella I have to admit I am pretty jealous; She gifts me some makeup and that makes me really happy because I love makeup. We spend some time together and we watch a Disney movie together. I found that davion is a terrible singer; the rest of us sing decently. It is already late so I leave. Connor tells me to text him if I want to see him again, I will text him but I am not that sure about any of the other boys. I drove back home tuning to artic monkeys.