Chapter 5 - I am the golden guest

Laysha’s POV

It was 7 and I woke up late. I slipped on an oversized tee and leggings with some moccasins and side braided my hair. This was definitely going to be a no makeup day. I got my backpack and drove to school. I parked beside Vance. Seconds after I parked Kameron parked beside me. I just keep walking because I will be late if I stop jogging/running. I run all the way to my locker and take my books for my first period class. I run to my first period class. I touch the knob along with the ringing bell so I legally am on time to my class. I take the leveling test I am giving in about an hour and 20 minutes. For the remaining 10 minutes I talk to Vance.

“How did you do”

“Terrible… on purpose”

“You always do the same thing”

“Yep”

“Why don’t you do it well?”

“I rather have it easy”

“Yesterday I didn’t tell you something that happened to me in my summer”

“What”

“I was in target and I was wearing a T-shirt from aero that I bought for the sole reason that I thought it was cute and then this 11 year old started following me around. It was actually pretty creepy. After like 20 minutes she came up to me and asked me if I was a motavator and I said no because I didn’t know what was a motavator so I asked her what was a motavator and she said Bethany mota’s best friends and I asked who is Bethany Mota and slapped me and threw my cart on the floor and stormed out of the and I asked who is Bethany Mota and slapped me and threw my cart on the floor and stormed out of the target store”

“Let me get this straight you got slapped by an eleven year old for not knowing who Bethany mota is”

“Yea”

*Laughs until he falls off his chair*

“That is not funny”

“Yes it is”

“It’s not funny”

“Admit it; It is pretty funny”

“Just a little bit”

“Are you sure it is only a little funny”

“To be honest it is pretty funny”

The bell rings and we leave the classroom and we head over to our lockers and take our food and walk to our eating spot. We don’t eat around people. It took us days to find a nice spot free of people where we could eat. The rest eat in the cafeteria all crunched together. We aren’t like them. We are different. In the process of figuring that out we got hurt. We met what emotional pain was and we lost. We lost something about us. We don’t wish that to anybody.

The day goes with more tests. New teachers. New courses we needed to take. Homework. Not much apart from that. I am leaving when one of the boy’s many booty calls takes my arm.

“What are you wearing for Kameron’s party?”

“I have not thought about that”

“When you know what you are wearing, text me because you are the golden guest and none is allowed to wear your outfit. The name is Monique”

“Okay”

I didn’t even know her. I of course had her number. I am scared because she called me golden host. Do I get kidnapped or something. It’s something Vance and I will discuss later as for now I have to get home and feed my dog. I get on my car and a few seconds after so does Kameron but he just grabs his bag and leaves. Vance stays because he has something to do but I have no idea of what it is. I drive home. Once I arrive I feed my dog even though I have stuff to do I take her for a walk. I play around with her for half an hour. I love Winnie. She has been with me for over 3 years and even though sometimes she might be annoying I love her. She might be the best gift Vance has ever given me.  I take a shower. It has been 5 days and I haven’t seen mom. She is a very hard working women and I only get to see her on weekends. She has a double job. I wish she didn’t have to work so much but since its only her and she wants to give me the best. I love my mom. I put on some pajamas because I am going nowhere tonight. I start doing my homework. There goes my afternoon. I go downstairs get some pre-made food and eat. Vance calls and we just talk naturally. I talk to him about what happened and he hangs up. I know he knows something but what does he know that he can’t tell me. I thought I knew all of his secrets but apparently I don’t. He knows each and every single one of my secrets. This brings up the question. What is so bad that he can’t tell me? I am thinking crime scenes and stuff but I really can’t help it. They say curiosity killed the cat but the cat has seven lives.  I fall asleep in the wonder of Vance’s strange behavior. It is 6 am and I can’t sleep so I decide on my outfit for the party which my instinct tells me I shouldn’t attend but I will.  I decide for my triangle swimwear bikini with a maxi skirt and some black sandals. I am a very fashionable individual. 

Vance’s Point of View 

I can’t really sleep tonight. The guilt from breaking that meaningful promise burns like a destroying fire in my inside yet the water to turn off that fire is covered by devastating flames which I will burn in. I wonder how she feels. Is she sad? Is she fine? Does she remember? Does she even know? I want to ask but I won’t ask because the fear already drowns me. I can’t do this for much longer. I need to tell her but I can’t. She will set her way away from me if I tell her therefore I won’t because I need her. She is an essential part of me. I am myself when I am with her. Her sole presence makes me happy when I am sad. I really need her and no matter how much it hurts to not tell her this I won’t. I need her with me. It would be really stupid of me to push her away when want I really want is to pull her in.