22

Bad stepped back as Skeppy placed the final touches on their mansion. It looked brand new! He smiled as Skeppy jumped down to look at it with him.

"It's perfect!" Bad sighed, "now we can get back to our lives."

Skeppy smiled at Bad, "yeah. That'll be nice."

Bad started walking towards the building, but noticed one block missing.

"Oh, are you kidding me!?" Bad groaned.

"What!? What happened!?" Skeppy asked, running up to his friend.

Bad pointed to the hole in the wall, "we missed one. Do you have any more blocks?"

Skeppy shook his head, "I only have two quartz."

"No!" Bad sighed heavily, "I only have one!"

"So it's back to the nether?" Skeppy's shoulders slumped.

Bad nodded, "yep."

Skeppy groaned, "We we're there for so long!"

"We only need one more." Bad sighed, "come on, the sooner we get this, the sooner we can get back."

"Okay, fine." Skeppy trudged after Bad as they made their way to the nether portal.

"It'll be a quick trip." Bad smiled at the diamond humanoid.

Skeppy nodded as they went through the portal. He didn't like the nether much after his death. Too much lava. Too much like the blood vines. Too much like the Egg.

"We should really fix up the nether hub." Bad sighed as they walked past, "do you think Puffy would be willing to help?"

"Yeah." Skeppy said, moving well away from a pool of lava.

Bad paused as Skeppy bumped into him. He wasn't acting like himself.

"Skeppy? Are you okay?" Bad asked.

"Yep, yep, let's just find the quartz and get out." Skeppy nodded quickly.

"No. Skeppy. What's wrong?" Bad asked facing Skeppy.

"Nothing! Nothing's wrong!" Skeppy took a step back.

"Skeppy." Bad took another step forward, "I'm not gonna stop asking."

"Bad! I'm fine!" Skeppy yelled, backing away from his friend.

"I don't believe that!" Bad shouted.

"Bad I-!" Before Skeppy could finish his sentence, his foot slipped.

"Skeppy!" Bad shouted as his friend fell into lava, "Skeppy!"

A message popped up on his communicator.

Skeppy burned in lava

Bad took gasping breaths, trying to calm himself. It wasn't a canon death. It wasn't a canon death. It wasn't a-!

The Egg room. A lava pool. Skeppy.

Bad clutched his heart, feeling sharp pains as memories came flooding back. Punz, and Ant, and Ponk. They were all corrupted. He killed Skeppy. He ordered Ant to kill Foolish. He was going to sacrifice the whole SMP to the Egg. He was going to sacrifice his son...

"Bad! Bad!" Skeppy yelled.

He had just gotten back from spawn to find Bad deep in a panic attack. Nothing he could do could bring him back to the present.

"BadBoyHalo!" Skeppy shouted, pushing back his friends hood.

Bad looked up at Skeppy, his face turning more human than demon.

"Geppy?" Bad whimpered.

Skeppy pulled Bad into a tight hug, "oh my god Bad, you scared me!"

"I'm sorry." Bad hugged his friend back, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

"Bad, you don't have anything to be sorry for." Skeppy told him.

"I killed you!" Bad sobbed, "I killed you and took a canon life!"

Skeppy sighed, "you remember..."

Bad nodded, his tears soaking through Skeppy's hoodie. Skeppy held his friend tighter. He couldn't imagine what Bad was going through.

"I'm sorry..." Bad whispered.

Skeppy shook his head, "you don't have to apologize. Let's get the quartz now."

Bad nodded, letting Skeppy help him to his feet. The quartz wasn't too hard to find, allowing the two of them to get back quickly.

Bad and Skeppy walked out of the portal, only to immediately be met by Puffy.

"Hey, oh, are you okay?" Puffy asked, noticing Bad's good was still down.

Bad's eyes filled with tears again, "I'm so sorry..."

"Bad, wha-? You don't have anything to apologize for-" Puffy started.

"The Banquet!" Bad yelled, "The Egg!"
I remember everything..."

"Oh Bad..." Puffy pulled her friend into a hug, "that was the Egg. I don't blame you for anything."

"You-you don't?" Bad sniffed.

"I don't." Puffy gave Bad a small squeeze.

Skeppy placed a hand on Bad's arm, "neither of us do."

"I'm sorry..." Bad clung to his friends, "I'm sorry..."

"It's okay, it's okay." Puffy whispered.

"We're okay Bad." Skeppy reassuring his friend, "We'll go home, and everything will be okay."

"Promise?" Bad sniffed, looking up at the diamond humanoid.

Skeppy smiled, "Promise."

Puffy smiled at the two, "come on, let's get you two home."

Bad nodded, becoming demon-like again as he flicked up his hood. Skeppy held his hand all the way back to the mansion. Puffy followed, concerned for both her friends. It was only to place the final block that Skeppy released Bad's hand.

"There. We're done!" Skeppy smiled at Bad, who smiled back slightly.

"Yeah." Bad sighed softly.

Puffy smiled at them, "it looks great guys."

"Thanks Puffy." Bad gave her a small smile.

The three heard people approaching before they saw them. A chorus of laughter and yelling.

"Stop pushing me!" Someone giggled.

"Come on!" Someone else shouted.

Then, Sapnap, Karl, and Quackity came into view. The three had large smiles plastered across their face, tripping over their own feet in their rush.

"Dad!" Sapnap called, laugher lifting his voice.

Bad smiled, "hey Sap, what's up?"

"We're getting married!" Sapnap pulled Karl and Quackity into a tight hug.

"I thought you were already engaged?" Puffy asked.

"We are." Quackity laughed lightly, "but we're going to have a ceremony, and make it official."

"Thats fantastic!" Bad cheered, clapping his hands, "I'm so happy for you!"

"Congrats you guys!" Skeppy smiled.

Karl giggled, "we're gonna have the ceremony in two weeks. Can you help send invitations?"

"Of course!" Puffy gasped in excitement, "I'll help you make them if you need!"

"Great!" Sapnap laughed.

"Well what are we waiting for!" Skeppy stepped forward, "let's get started!"