5

Bad stood in front of the quartz mansion he and Skeppy built. The once bright white of the walls had become dull with age, and some of the windows had been broken.

"I'm sure we can rebuild it, right?" Bad said, turning to Skeppy hopefully.

"Yeah, I'm sure we can Bad." Skeppy nodded absently.

"Skeppy?" Bad took one of his hands, "are you okay? You've been acting weird this whole time."

"yeah yeah, sorry, the whole Egg thing just has me messed up." Skeppy explained.

Bad tilted his head, "what whole Egg thing?"

"The Egg?" Skeppy raised an eyebrow, "red? Indestructible? Trying to take over the server?"

"Skeppy, I-I don't know what you're talking about." Bad said.

"Bad! The Egg! The one that I got locked in an obsidian box with! And then I turned red!" Skeppy yelled, gesturing wildly with his free hand, "and then I died in lava!"

"Skeppy I-..." Bad didn't say anything for a moment, "Skeppy... I don't remember any of that..."

"You... You don't?" Skeppy asked, looking up at Bad.

Bad shook his head, looking at the ground, "the last thing I remember is The Second Pet War, when Punz's panda got killed by Antfrost."

"That... That was a long time ago Bad." Skeppy said quietly.

Bad groaned, holding his head, "what's going on!"

"Hey, hey, we'll figure it out!" Skeppy reached up to hold Bad's hands again, "it's okay Bad. Let's just... get some food for now."

Bad sighed and squeezed Skeppy's hands, "okay."

Skeppy smiled and lead Bad into the broken down building. The two of them searched through the chests and managed to find some half broken armor and swords.

"So... What do you remember?" Skeppy asked as they waited for some food to cook.

Bad paused for a moment as he took a bite of bread, "I remember that Dream was put in prison, Tommy lost his third life there... Then he was revived and so was Wilbur, but that's it."

"So you don't remember anything about the Egg?" Skeppy asked as Bad shook his head, "the blood vines? When Sapnap blew up the Egg and cracked it? The Red Banquet!?"

"No! I don't remember any of that!" Bad cried.

Skeppy sighed, "okay. I guess... I guess that's actually a good thing."

Bad's shoulders dropped, "did I... Was it that bad?"

Skeppy didn't say anything for a moment, "it doesn't matter anymore. The Egg is probably gone if the state of everything is any indication."

"Oh, okay." Bad nodded.

Skeppy leaned his head on Bad's arm, "we'll figure things out."

Bad smiled softly, "okay."

Bad looked out the broken windows at the setting sun. He hoped everyone had woken up now. Tubbo had said he would watch the last four as he wanted to wait for Tommy and Ranboo.

"Do you think I've forgotten anything?" Skeppy asked.

Bad shook his head, "I don't think so, but I'm not really a good judge of that right now."

"Okay. So what now?" Skeppy looked up at Bad.

Bad shrugged, "find more food? Go mining?"

"So basically what we did when we got to the SMP." Skeppy chuckled.

Bad laughed, "yeah. And then... Maybe try and find a way to get my memory back?"

"Bad, are you sure you want those memories back?" Skeppy asked, "they're kind of, well, bad..."

"I want to know what happened Skeppy." Bad sighed, "and if we can figure out how to get my memory back, then if anyone else has memory blanks we can help them too."

"I get that Bad, but I just..." Skeppy turned away, "so much went wrong. Maybe it's better if you don't have to live with that guilt."

"Guilt? What would make me so guilty that I wouldn't want to remember?" Bad asked, the gasped, "I didn't... take anyone's cannon life, right?"

"Bad! Just..." Skeppy took Bad's hands, "Don't worry about it, okay?"

"Skeppy I need to know if I killed someone!" Bad yelled, "Just tell me! Yes, or no?"

Skeppy looked into Bad's pleading eyes. He turned his head.

"No." Skeppy whispered, "you didn't kill anyone."

Bad sighed and smiled, "thank you Skeppy."

"Yeah, no problem Bad." Skeppy nodded, not looking back up.

Bad frowned at how his friend was acting, but assumed he was still thinking about whatever the egg was. The demon then got an idea.

"Come on!" Bad smiled, pulling Skeppy to his feet.

"Wha-why!?" Skeppy asked, stumbling along.

"Just trust me!" Bad laughed, dragging Skeppy towards where Tommy's house was.

"Bad just tell me where we're going!" Skeppy smiled.

"I remember that Tommy had an enderchest in his house!" Bad said, "and you kept Cat in your enderchest!"

"Okay, so?" Skeppy asked as they approached the dirt house.

"We can listen to some music, you muffinhead!" Bad cheered, pointing to the chest.

"Will any of the jukeboxes still work?" Skeppy asked, taking the disk out of the dimensional chest.

Bad shrugged, "we can still try."

"Okay, but let's go back to the mansion. I don't really want to run into Tommy while I'm holding a disk." Skeppy chuckled nervously.

"Of course!" Bad nodded.

Skeppy smiled as they made their way back. He missed this Bad. The Bad he became friends with. Who would yell language at a curse word and call everyone a muffinhead. He was happy to get him back, he just wondered how long he would stay his Bad.