9

Phil stepped out of the portal into the cold, snowy air of the Arctic Empire. He had to say, he was surprised the portals weren't broken.

The snow crunched under Phil's feet as he walked passed the trident pools. He laughed to himself when he saw Oobnar still trapped in a boat in ice. At least Tubbo would be happy about that. It seemed as if nothing had changed in the Arctic.

Phil entered the gates and saw Technoblade with the dogs. He smiled softly and walked over to the humanoid pig.

"Hey Techno." Philza leaned on one of the fences.

Techno looked up, "hullo."

"So it seems like nothing's changed here." Phil sighed.

Techno nodded and stood, "everything's exactly as we left it. Is everyone awake yet?"

Phil shook his head, "nah. When I woke up Ranboo, Tommy, and Wil were still asleep."

"Wil?" Techno questioned, "as in Wilbur? Not Ghostbur?"

"You don't know yet?" Phil stood up straight.

"Know what Phil." Techno turned to face his friend.

Phil hesitated for a moment, "Ghostbur... Ghostbur is gone. Dream killed him and he... He revived Wilbur."

Techno's eyes went wide, "Wilbur's back?"

Phil nodded, "he was still asleep when I left."

"I'm kinda more worried about what happens when he wakes up." Techno sighed, "you know, with his love of explosions and stuff."

"I'm sure he'll be fine." Phil shrugged, walking to his house, "he seemed to be okay when he visited me."

Techno shook his head, "if I know anything about Wil it's that he's a good actor."

"Do you think we should check on him then?" Phil asked.

"I dunno." Techno scratched behind the ear of one of the dogs, "maybe."

Phil nodded, "alright. Let's get some armor and try to find him. He'll probably go to L'manburg when he wakes up."

"So we're just gonna wait there for him?" Techno asked.

"Unless you have anything better to do." Phil smiled slightly.

Techno groaned, "fine. I'll get my spare stuff."

"Cool." Phil nodded, "meet me by the portal in about ten minutes."

"Okay Dad." Techno mumbled as he walked into his house and started sorting through his chests.

Techno squinted into his belongings, "could'a sworn I had an efficiency V pick... Ah, well."

Techno closed the chest and walked out to his vault. He noticed the door was slightly broken, but thought it was just age. The pig hybrid walked in, thanking DreamXD and Drista that his netherite set was still intact.

Techno managed to find a mediocre netherite sword and some other tools, then headed off towards the portal. He gave an odd glance at the enderman trapped in ice, but swiftly moved on.

"Hey Tech-" Phil paused, "you had a full set of enchanted netherite tools?"

"Well, yeah." Techno shrugged, "I mean they're not completely maxed out, but they're decent."

Phil laughed lightly, "leave it to you to have the most powerful armor and weapons and still not be satisfied."

"Eh." Techno gave his friend a small smile.

"Alright, let's go." Phil said, stepping through the portal.

Techno stepped through after, feeling the warm air of the Nether heat his armor. The two carefully made their way back to the Nether Hub, jumping over the decrepit pathways that once sprawled over the fiery landscape. Even though the Arctic Empire was still as pristine as it was when they left, that didn't mean everything was the same.

The two anarchists entered through the portal to the SMP. Techno looked over the broken landscape. Time to find Wilbur.

"This way." Phil sighed, starting off towards L'manburg.

"I remember." Techno nodded.

It was surprisingly quiet as the two made their way to the crater. Almost a ghost town.

"I thought everyone would be busy rebuilding everything." Techno muttered to himself as he looked around.

Phil shrugged, "they're probably taking everything in at the moment."

Techno nodded, but stayed silent as they passed Tommy's empty house.

Phil stopped suddenly as he got near enough to L'manburg to see what was happening. Techno ran into his friends back, almost speaking up, but his voice fell short when he saw who was standing there.

"Dream..." Techno whispered.

The masked man turned from Wilbur to face Phil and waved, "Oh, hello!"

"Grandad?" Fundy whispered.

Phil's expression turned dark as he spotted the kids. He pulled out his sword.

"Dream. Get away from them." Phil glared at the green man.

"That's an... Interesting greeting." Dream laughed lightly.

Phil leveled the sword to Dreams neck, "tell me one good reason I shouldn't kill you where you stand."

"Woah! Hold on!" Sapnap jumped in, "he doesn't remember anything!"

"He has memory issues too?" Wilbur took a step forward.

Tommy grabbed his brothers sleeve, "Wil! Don't go near him! You can't trust him!"

"What did I do wrong!?" Dream asked, stepping closer to George.

"Dream." Techno glared through the mask, "you fucked up."