14

Skeppy watched Bad closely as they walked back from the Nether. They had been mining for quartz to repair their home. Throughout the entire trip, Bad seemed happy and excited. Just like he was before the Egg.

"Geppy!" Bad gasped, pulling the diamond humanoid back from a hole in the path, "watch out! We don't have netherite anymore, we could get really hurt by a fall like that."

Skeppy stepped back, "oh wow, thanks Bad."

"Skeppy, are you okay?" Bad asked, "you've been acting strange ever since we woke up. And don't pretend everything's fine. Cause its not fine Skeppy. Everything's messed up! The world! My memory! And I'm trying to be myself but I don't even know who myself is anymore! Skeppy... Who am I now?"

Skeppy was at a loss for words. He took his friends hands and held them tightly.

"You are BadBoyHalo." Skeppy said firmly, looking into Bad's eyes, "You are my best friend who doesn't like cursing and calls everyone muffins and is always there for your friends. You are kind and patient and somehow you can even put up with Tommy. You are the best person in the world."

"Geppy..." Bad sniffed, tears springing to his eyes.

Skeppy pulled the taller down into a hug, letting him cry into his blue hoodie, "we'll figure things out. I promise."

Bad nodded, gripping onto Skeppy like he would loose him. After everything, Skeppy felt like the only thing to stay the same.

"Skeppy?" A voice called, "Bad!?"

The two looked up to see Puffy staring at them as if she saw a ghost. Cautiously she took a step forward.

"Are... Are you two okay?" She asked.

Bad gasped and stood up, running towards the sheep hybrid with open arms, "Puffy!"

Puffy jumped back, "Hold on Bad, what's happening?"

Bad stopped short, his smiled fading a little, "Sorry Puffy... I don't know what's happening."

Skeppy ran up as well, "Puffy! Don't freak out! Bad doesn't remember the Egg!"

"So when you say you don't know whats happening, you really don't know?" Puffy sighed.

"Well I only forgot this egg thing." Bad explained, "I remember everything else, like Dream in the prison with Tommy, and Wilbur getting revived..."

"What about why we woke up at spawn and why everything is old?" Puffy asked.

Bad shrugged, "I don't think anyone knows that."

Puffy shook her head, "this is hard to wrap my head around. Have you met anyone else? Foolish? Sam?"

"It's been just the two of us since we left spawn. Other than quick hellos and explanations, we haven't really talked to anyone." Skeppy told her.

Bad shuffled awkwardly, "when I first woke up I talked to Sapnap, George and... Dream... All awake. They left really quick though."

"Dream?" Puffy whispered, "he... He's not in the prison?"

"Sapnap and George are with him." Bad reassured her, "I'm sure they can keep him in check. And hey, I'm sure we can go and find Sam! He could help too!"

Puffy nodded quickly, "yeah, yeah. We need to find Sam. But I also have to find Foolish."

"Okay. We'll look for them both." Skeppy said.

"The prison is closer than Foolish's summer palace." Bad said, "We should probably head there first."

"You think Sam would be there?" Puffy asked.

Bad shrugged, "He told me that's where he was heading."

"Alright. Let's go." Puffy nodded.

Bad smiled and skipped ahead. Puffy and Skeppy fell in step behind him.

"Hey, don't tell Bad about what happened with the egg " Skeppy whispered to Puffy.

"What? Why?" Puffy asked.

Skeppy looked at the back of his friend, "I think the guilt would crush him."

"Cause of Foolish and Ant and the whole red banquet?" Puffy sighed.

Skeppy crossed his arms tightly, "yeah. But also because right before the banquet, he took one of my cannon lives."

"What?" Puffy gasped softly, "oh my god, Skeppy I'm so sorry."

"Just don't tell Bad, okay?" Skeppy looked her in her eyes.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea-"

"Puffy please!?" Skeppy all but begged.

Puffy hesitated, "I won't tell him for now..."

Skeppy sighed in relief, "thank you-"

"But if Bad starts asking, I'm not going to lie to my friend." Puffy cut his apology short.

"Puffy, you-" Skeppy was cut off by Bad yelling ahead.

"Sam!" Bad laughed, "Hi Sam!"

"Bad?" Sam turned from where he was examining the damage done to The Big Innit Hotel.

"Hi Sam! Long time no see!" Bad smiled, stopping just short of his old friend.

"Um, hi." Sam saw Skeppy and Puffy walking up as well, "What's going on?"

"Bad doesn't remember the Egg." Skeppy shrugged.

"Like, anything at all?" Sam asked.

Bad shook his head, "No, I still remember Dream in the prison, and Ghostbur, and Tommy..."

Sam winced, "yeah... Okay..."

There was an awkward silence between the four of them.

"Um, have you seen Foolish by any chance?" Puffy asked.

Sam shook his head, "no, no I haven't."

"What about Dream?" Puffy asked hurriedly, "Have you seen Dream?"

"Actually yes." Sam said.

"Really?" Bad tilted his head.

Sam nodded, "yeah, I left him with George and Sapnap. They were headed towards the prison."

Bad laughed lightly, "I'm glad Sap is still with him."

"Yeah, Dream also has pretty severe memory loss." Sam told them.

"Really? How bad?" Skeppy asked.

"He doesn't even remember L'manburg." Sam said.

"What!?" Puffy yelled, "What- so he- will he remember me?"

"I... I don't know." Sam looked at Puffy with empathy in his voice.

Puffy didn't know what to say for a moment, "But... But I'm his mother!? Could he really have forgotten me?"

"Oh Puffy," Bad hugged the sheep-like Captain, "I'm sure he'll remember, how could anyone forget you?"

Puffy laughed, "thanks Bad..."

"Okay, are we going to actually find people or..?" Skeppy said, looking between the two.