(8.) Alternate's Findings.

Disclaimer: I don't own Ratchet And Clank: Rift Apart. I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Hope you enjoy.)

Ratchet landed on another planet.

The Morts had the decency of offering a way to fix the dimensionater. Pretty soon, everything would go back to normal.

Ratchet & Clank is the known duo.

Said Lombax glanced after Rivet.

What about you?

If she's his dimensional counterpart, where's her partner? Aren't dimensional supposed to counterpart everything to everyone.

Then where's Rivet landed in?

The universe'd been so cruel. Rivet had probably been alone all her life. At least Ratchet ran into Clank, becoming universal heroes.

And Rivet?

Ending as a Villain working for Nefarious. One version, but still some kind of him, the doctor. His one Nefarious was always goofy.

River's ruled this dimension with an iron fist.

What happened to make her do it?

"Why do you work for him?"

Rivet didn't answer, then replied mutely.

"He made me. I can't fight back anymore."

Rivet'd band reached to the back of her neck. A chip implanted long ago prevented it being taken. Her mouth commanded to keep at all times.

The emperor took over Rivet in mind and body.

He still couldn't screw up his nemesis' morals. They just mixed differently than normal. Taking a darker turn, a monster revived.

The moment Rivet looked at Clank, she fought off urges to attack and keep. Hands trembling, nails cutting into the fur. Rivet's hand bled blood.

Ratchet seemed to oblivious to notice.

***

Meeting Gary felt

Meeting Gary felt...strange.

The called himself a monk. Like the kind you see that devotes to helping keep the peace. Other creatures not fighting being their end goal.

Then his gaze landed on Rivet.

"You."

She hissed back. Once or twice, the emperor sent Rivet on a mission. And the monks just happened to end up in the crossfire.