(6.) Witness To One's Suffering.

Disclaimer: I don't own Ratchet And Clank: Rift Apart. I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Hope you enjoy.)

Rivet faintly processed The Phantom's presence.

Strapped to a chair, begging on his metaphorical knees for mercy. To let him go. To disobey.

At the point in time, Rivet's heart and mind battles within. One wanting what another oppositions.

"Are you going tell why you're pulled that little stunt?" Rivet hissed, pulling Skidd's hair. It'd all been the information she managed. "Because I can do a lot worse than I've already done."

Skidd groaned, leaning back to gain some balance in his head. It spun around as his vision span, surroundings becoming none existent.

"N-no."

River growled. Teeth bared, her hand Skidd's cheek and slammed him into the ground over and over and over and over until it hurt.

Until his head started to bleed.

"Tell me."

Ever since serving the emperor, patience wasn't Rivet's strong suit. She liked things to go smoothly and quickly, moving onto the next step.

Until, this was taking too damn long.

She didn't even register losing control. Based instincts settled in. The chip controlling emotions and actions sorted the next moves.

River's hands started strangling.

"You are nothing."

She didn't register the choked sounds. She didn't register words escaping unconsciously and unwillingly. Within, Rivet cried out.

"You don't deserve to be called Phantom."

She wanted help. She wanted to leave.

"Even Darkness hates anything of yourself. The shadows are for evil, bad guys. All you are is a wimp, a nobody. Someone who will die never known."

Yet apart craved evil.

"Just. Tell. Me."

"Ok-ok..." Rivet released the hold. Skidd gasped a few grateful breaths into his throat. "I wanted to prove a point."

"What point?"

"That no one's perfect."

Rivet stunned into silence, she thought no sassy response. The perfect reply to a question.

What's she supposed to go now?

"Kill him."

That emperor sounded...worried? The tone held a hint of cockiness still. But now, he sounded fearful, like he'd lose a priceless possession right then.

River's killed many creatures. She's maimed many creatures. She's tortured many creatures.

Looking at Skidd now, she's feeling hesitant.

"Sir, can't we just keep him in lockdown?-"

"NO!"

Rivet screamed, ripping the ear piece a good distance. It'd malfunctioned, better replace it.

As Rivet prepared to go out on another mission, the moral conflict inside only continued as Skidd's eyes reflected emotions Rivet's been lost upon.