(4). Dimensional Clashes.

Disclaimer: I don't own Ratchet And Clank: Rift Apart. I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(ZaneChan505 and qwertuno and -RENN1E And SilentReadersMatter and joycethebooklover and Mycurrentfandom)

(I couldn't find the official cutscene but watch this for the beginning to understand I can't be assed writing the beginning of ratchet's adventure lol. And beware of spoilers in the videos unless you've played/watched a playthrough of the game or you don't want to know what happens. So, spoiler warning. Clip above lol.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

Ratchet's world became dark.

Nefarious stole the dimension long ago. Minutes? Hours? He lost himself to the darkness of his mind.

"...Clank?"

The robot he'd long called a best friend disappeared.

Ratchet's mind filled with worry.

***

Rivet took in some new prisoners.

"Move it!" She growled, pushing in lightly by the base of the mallet. "Now!"

The emperor temporarily (at least she hoped it'd be that) demoted the Lombax to prisoner escorting. Both creatures moved pitfully.

"Yes, mistress." The prisoner replied submissively. Rivet somehow earned that title. "We will head to the cells."

She'd been placed in guard. A security one of sorts.

She watched prisoners out in the yard. Rivet smirked and chuckled lightly at the displays. Creature stood all over miserable.

Another pirate box fought with a standard citizen.

"What are you doing? Stop them!"

Rivet simply roll her eyes.

"No."

This is the most fun she's watched in ages.

***

Clank woke feeling incomplete.

What happened?

He looked around seeing a new city. Floating cars, a darker atmosphere. Every opposite to his dimension.

"What happened?"

Rifts appeared in the sky. Ripping reality apart, Clank chest became hollow. He's a robot.

Somehow he'd feeling emotion.

"Well?~"

Clank startles back, giving a glance behind. He saw a carbon copy of his Lombax friend. Except a female.

And seemingly mad. Oh no.

"Who are you?"

The Lombax with purple fur, red eyes-

Why do I sense something amiss?