Ch 12

After practice the whole team walked you home. Suna was carrying you on his back, Osamu carried your crutches, while Daichi was carrying your backpack. You told them the same story you told Kojiro, most of them scolded you for being out so late by yourself. Suna just stayed quiet the whole time, he knew you were lying but he wasn't going to push the subject unless you were alone.

It was around noon time when the group of you walked by the skate park that was by your house. There you saw Reki practicing like his life depended on it. You asked Suna to stop walking so you could admire the redheaded boy at least for a little. That's when you saw it, Reki had successfully completed a 180 ollie.

You got so excited that you jumped off of Suna's back and hopped your way over to Reki. "Reki! You did it!" The boy just looked up to see you smiling wide, he didn't even notice you trying to keep balanced on one foot.

Reki rubbed the back of his neck and looked down, "heh yeah, I was able to do it because of your advice. So thanks!" You couldn't help but smile even wider hearing his words. "You're welcome! But can I ask why you're out here practicing so hard? It's like you have a competition or something."

Reki's eyes widened; he didn't know how you could have just guessed about his beef with Shadow tonight. The boy laughed nervously "it's something like that" Just then Reki noticed the boys volleyball team standing at the fence watching the whole interaction between the two of you.

The red headed boy looked down at the ground with hurt in his eyes. He didn't think he stood a chance against any of the volleyball boys in being your friend, or anything more than that. Reki looked up at you with a fake smile "you should probably get going y/n. Your friends and your boyfriend are waiting for you" You tilted your head in confusion, you never thought Reki would be the type to believe rumors.

You burst out laughing "Reki, I'd like to consider you a friend too. If they were that impatient they would have left me already. Also I never took you for a person to believe in rumors." Now it was Reki's turn to look at you with confusion written all over his face.

Giggling again you decided to explain, "Rin and I aren't dating, we're just really good friends. I've known him since we were kids. People just like to assume we're dating." Hearing this made Reki smile a little bit, you considered him your friend and even better he might have a chance with you if he gets to know you better.

The boy's thoughts were cut off by the whole volleyball team coming up to the two of you "n/n we should get going, you need to get home and rest." You looked back to see Daichi, you could see in his eyes that he was ready to scold you for running off without your crutches.

"Well that's my cue to leave. I'll see you around Reki, and good luck with your competition thing tonight!" This time you jumped on Kuroo's back and started messing with his hair. You were trying to make it look like he didn't just wake up.

As you were all leaving Reki was just staring at you. He knew that line from somewhere, he knew your voice from somewhere other than school, he also finally saw your wrapped ankle. So many thoughts swirled in his head, but he figured he could always ask you questions later.

-----

A/n: 

This chapter is a little longer than usual. Whoops.