Ch 3

The next day in school you couldn't stop looking at Reki. You had always wanted to be friends with him. The only friends that you had that could skate were Cherry, Joe didn't count. You had lots of friends at school, since your skating accident you haven't been able to actually play any sports, so you opted to manage a team instead. Specifically the boys volleyball team (yes I'm adding Haikyu!! In here. You can fight me if you don't like it). You wound up spacing out the entire class and didn't even realise that the bell had sounded. That is until someone came up to you and put their hand on your head.

You looked up to see a tired eyed boy looking at you with a blank face. But you could see a bit of concern in his eyes. "You okay? You looked lost there for a minute. We're going to be late for practice if you don't hurry up" Suna Rintarou, the sleepy eyed fox boy asked. "I'm fine. Just a lot on my mind recently. Let's get going, yeah?" Suna just nodded his head and waited for you to stand up. Once you did he put his arm around your shoulder and the two of you walked out of the classroom. Little did you know Reki was across the room and watched the whole interaction between you and Suna. Slightly jealous that he wasn't that close with you.

Suna and you had been friends since you were kids, he was always pretty distant with people and kept to himself. But with you it was different. You were like a sister to him, he was comfortable with you. So he didn't mind showing affection if it was you, but many people mistook it for something more than that. Neither of you denied or confirmed rumors of the two of you dating because you didn't want to waste energy arguing with people that you're just friends and nothing more.

Once you got to the gym all the boys were there. Kuroo, Bokuto, and Akaashi were all talking amongst themselves, Osamu was waiting for you and Suna to arrive, then Daichi and Nishinoya were just walking in from the locker room.

You waved over to Osamu and he ran over to the bench where you were setting down your bags. "Hey n/n why are you and Suna late?" Osamu tilted his head waiting for your response. You looked at him and nervously rubbed the back of your neck "um, I kind of spaced out in class today and didn't hear the bell ring" Osamu just shook his head and gave you a small smile, "Yeah that sounds like you". You gasped and put your hand over your heart "I'm hurt that you think so low of me Samu" you pouted slightly at him. Osamu just laughed and ruffled your hair before running off to warm up with the rest of the team.

As you were filling up water bottles and doing your manager duties all the while the red headed boy filled your thoughts. Your beef with Reki was tomorrow night, you were nervous. Not because you thought you'd lose, but because you didn't know how he would react, or if he'd even want to be your friend.

Although your friends constantly told you how great you were, you couldn't help but be insecure. When you got into the skating accident everyone except Suna left you. They were only friends with you for your talent. You didn't want the same thing happening to you again.

----------

A/N:

Oops.... It's been a long while since I've posted anything. I've been really busy with my uncles wedding and school. But now that the semester is over I can hopefully start updating more frequently. Also when I put the volleyball team together I just threw some of my favorites on the team and I didn't want to overcrowd the story with names from a different anime. Anyways, thanks for reading!