ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8

ꜰʟᴏʀᴀ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

"You mean to tell me Musa's cupcake was delicious?!" Stella's voice boomed through the phone like she couldn't believe it after seeing and bashing Musa's cupcake. We all giggled trying to get into the frame to wave at her.

Bloom told her what happened and Stella, while preparing for the next meeting, eyes sparkled and laughed hardly despite of the stress she is in. How can she stay cheerful even if we can see the exhaustion in her eyes? However, Bloom deliberately left Tecna's cupcake tastes out, trying to sound all positively.

The guys are in the living room, including Riven, preparing the place and decorations while we girls are making the food. Riven seems to be in his usual moody jerk personality and I wonder what happened.

"Musa! Pleaseee make me a bunch of those when I get there!" Stella squeaked and it made the music fairy blush at the compliment. "Oh and by the way, Tecna got the best design so she should make one too!" I saw the girls smirking and I just chuckled while covering my lips "what?" She looked at us confused.

"Stella, you seem to be planning on eating a lot for tomorrow" Musa said before crossing her arms. "Don't tell me they let you starve there!"

I wandered my eyes around and saw the garden. It is so pretty as always. I wonder what would happen if I didn't become a nature fairy. That thought would drive me nuts. Nature is so soothing that I never want to leave it. Aquaria has nature but not so vast like on Earth and Magix! Talking about my nature power, how did I get it in the first place? I'm pretty sure I remember being told as a little kid that my biological mother was a fairy but she just chose to let it go and focused alongside my father.

Stella took a few seconds to reply to us as we heard another voice in the call but I couldn't comprehend what it was since the person is far from the phone but Stella's answer gave us a clue to what it might be: "Alright alright, girls I need to go. I need to have dinner with some elders of Solaria, I'll seeee you tomorrow!"

Then Stella just cut the call off, she must be busy with her royal stuff. I didn't even know how it felt like to be one, I was stripped off my crown. But if I am still in the kingdom, will I like it? Or I might be grumpy like Riven. The thing is if I wasn't, I wouldn't have met the Winx, Specialists and Helia.

"Flora.. Are you alright?" I heard Aisha's voice. I must be zoning out!

I cleared my throat and smiled, patting my brunette hair on my shoulder. "Of course..." I tried to look confused and the girls just stared at me. "The plants are just keeping me occupied, that's all", I added and they made sure I'm alright before they went into the living room.

"Riv..." I used my telepathy and I heard a groan as an answer. That attitude of his will never be gone.

Deciding I need to do something about what's happening, I know it's time to step in even though I'm not welcome back home. Heading outside to the garden, I stared at the already getting dark sky as I sat down on a chair. I tried to push the thought of it, but as days pass by my feelings are getting heavier. I can't just ask for Helia or any other of my friends, I'm a mess right now.

"Flora..." I heard his grumpy voice and I didn't have to turn around to guess to whom it belongs. "Your expression is getting way too visible as the days pass by" Riven added which was obvious to me as well, I just rolled my eyes and my lips in a thin line.

I just sighed and I heard the chair next to me make a noise as I kept staring at the sky.

"Riven, do you think my parents will come and take me to have someone next to the throne?" I wondered and I saw him frowning through the corner of my eye. Was it a stupid question?

"What are you talking about? You never cared about the throne" With his hard voice he started shaking my shoulder worriedly. "Is something wrong? Tell me", he insisted when I gave him a dead silence.

I made up my mind after a long time of debating myself and this is the time I will do it. I'm also a princess with or without a crown and I'll go even though Riven will be there for me or not. This is for Nabu.

"I'm going there" I said with a low voice, I saw his frown getting deeper and his eyebrows furrowed that he started shaking me a bit faster.

"Are you insane Flora?" He tried to keep his voice down but I knew he wanted to yell and scream at me. I kept telling him before how I don't want that crown and I want to be normal but I just...

I looked at him with a determination in my eyes. "I'm not banned from going to my own kingdom, right?" I frowned a bit to show I'm serious. "Riven, we need to wake Nabu up. What if the news will spread to Aquaria that the young prince is in coma? The whole kingdom will be in chaos. You're right, I don't care about the throne, but I care for my people. Nabu's people..." My voice trailed softly.

I stood up to be with the others but he held my wrist to stop me from going anywhere. I looked down at him with soft eyes.

"Look, I'm not asking you to come with me next week. Stay with the Winx and I'll be fine alone", I said and when I was about to pull my hand, he quickly stood up and hugged me, tightly.

I blushed madly and also in shock as to why he was hugging me. He rarely shows his soft side and I'm glad I can witness it. Other than Nabu, I can feel as if Riven is also a brother of mine. With the comfort he's giving me, I hugged him back hardly and if not for the others then I would have cried out in frustration. It has been years and counting since I was abandoned and years since I was left confused about my situation. I appreciate his comfort so much, a comfort that I need, a comfort from someone who knows all of my burdens.

We pulled away as soon as we heard the door being opened and I tucked my hands in front of me and looked down. "Flora..." He tried reaching out but it wouldn't bulge me.

"Riven... Brandon said you're here, can we talk?" I heard his girlfriend's voice and it's the perfect time to go.

I gave Musa a sad look and went inside. But before I reached the door, I could hear him call for me.

"Let's talk later, I'll come with you". I smiled and looked at him through my shoulder before disappearing into the room.

~ 🌼