20. Back To Normal?

A few days had passed since we made it back to Belleville. Linda seemed excited to have me back home, she made me numerous meals and stuff, which I ate awkwardly slow. Dad didn't really care all that much, he was gone most of the time or passed out drunk.

I had stayed home for three days, and hell I missed Gerard already. He was just down the road too. I wanted to see everyone, to see Bob and Ray, and Mikey and Gerard. I just wanted them all.

Tomorrow I was able to go back to school, I would probably get a lot of shit. Especially for the stitches. Plus, they probably all knew I was in Cali with Gerard, I mean the incident was in the fucking newspaper.

I laid in bed and sighed. My face hurt and my eyes burned because I was tired. Something tapped on my window. I sat up and looked at the window. Gerard sat on a branch outside my window, he was drenched. It was pouring.

I got up and opened the window. "What are you doing here?" I asked. Gerard chuckled and he watched as I pushed the screen up. He slid through the window and looked at me through his long drenched hair. I looked at him and let out a small giggle. I reached up and tucked his hair behind his ear.

"I had to see you." Gerard said, he gave me a small smile. "I want to know how you're doing." Gerard said. I undid his shirt, it was a white button up, it was soaked through. He looked down and watched my fingers undo each button. He exhaled lightly as i puller it off his arms.

"I'm doing fine Gerard." I said, I dropped his shirt on the floor and then I slid my hands down to his jeans button. "You'd see me tomorrow." I stated.

"Yea, but I can't touch you or anything at school." Gerard said. I looked up at him. "We have police in every art class. They're searching still for Lindsey and Toby. They were sighted back in Jersey yesterday. So I'm being I guess, guarded." Gerard muttered.

"What'd you say when they asked why I was at your house?" I asked.

"That you asked to stay because your dad was drunk." Gerard said. "They didn't seem to mind." Gerard said.

"Why aren't they guarding you now?" I asked.

"Because they figured Lindsey wouldn't come back and take me from home again." Gerard answered. I slid his jeans down and the rest of him was dry. I took him to my bed and we laid down.

"Stay tonight." I whispered. He nodded his head. "Please."

"Alright, I will." Gerard replied, he cozied down against me and I buried my face in his chest. I listened to that heartbeat in his chest and closed my eyes.

"I'd stay here tonight,

If it only meant I could be with you forever.

I swear I have those hopeless eyes,

That change whenever you're near.

Let me just stay tonight,

We could be together throughout all time.

The truth is

That I love you more than I could ever think." Gerard sang quietly to me. I fell asleep after cuddling more against him.

______________________________________

When I woke up, Gerard was buttoning up his shirt. His hair was tangled and messy, I sat up. He looked at me with tired eyes.

"Frank, you can sleep for an hour. Its five right now." Gerard whispered. I rubbed my eyes.

"What are you? Where are you going?" I asked,

"I have to go to the school early. The room was broken into and a bunch of my stuff was stolen." Gerard said. I got up, stumbling a bit and I wrapped my arms around him.

"What was taken?" I asked.

"My sketchbook." Gerard said thickly. I looked up at him. "The one that I drew you in." He said. He pulled away from me and opened the window. "And a bunch of things that I had there." Gerard muttered. "I'll see you in a few hours, Frank." He said. I grabbed his arm.

"I'll come with you." I said. Gerard shook his head. "We can say you wanted to get me caught up a bit too." I added. Gerard sighed and nodded. I pulled on some clean clothes and I met him outside. He went through the window, I told my mom I was going early and then I met him outside. We walked to Gerard's house and we got on his car.

The drive to the school was quiet. Gerard walked straight to the art room. I dropped my things in my locker and ran to the art room. The art room was trashed, paint was everywhere, canvases were torn, art books were shredded. Gerard had his fingers in his hair gripping tightly. An officer was standing by the door.

"Mr. Way, is he alright in here?" The officer asked looking at me.

"Yea, he's fine." Gerard replied, he went through drawers at his desk and pulled out about four sketchbooks. They were soaked in black ink and burned around the edges.

"Holy hell." I said looking around, the tables were covered in black and red paint. On the white brick walls, there was a giant black L. "She was here." I said looking at Gerard. He was flipping through the ruined pages of sketchbooks. He looked up at me, his eyes were dark.

"She took it. And she took my journal, and about fifty bucks." Gerard mumbled.

"Totaled all the art stuff and ruined the room." I said. I looked at the windows, they were painted black, there was a blocky drawing of what looked like Gerard with blood all over his face and on the other one was looking slightly like me with blood everywhere and a twisted smile.

"God damnnit." Gerard said, he hit his fist on the table. He stood up and threw the ruined sketchbooks into the garbage bon and kicked his desk.

"Mr. Way, we will have this sorted our soon." The officer said. He smiled at Gerard and stepped out of the room. I walked to Gerard's desk. He looked up at me.

"I thought we'd have a few fucking normal days." Gerard growled. "Its your third day home! It should be normal.." he mumbled.

"Is anything ever really normal though, Gerard?" I asked, he raised an eyebrow and shook his head. I put my hands on his desk and leaned on it. "We don't need normal, we need weird. But this, this is crazy." I said, Gerard looked up at me and sighed. He had a sad expression. I leaned down a bit more and kissed him lightly. It was slightly different than the kisses we shared before because of the stitches, but it still felt so amazing to have his lips against mine.

"Excuse me." Said someone. Gerard pushed himself backwards and stood up. He looked past me at the door. Mr. Sea, the principle stood in the doorway. I looked over too, terrified. He had a calm expression, I don't think he saw.

"Uh, y-yes?" Gerard asked.

"We are trying to file a complaint and get the room refurnished." Mr. Sea said. He walked to me. "Ah! Mr. Iero, its good to have y-you..uh..back." he said, his smile dropped when he looked at the stitches. I curtly nodded and turned away. "I'm hoping nothing too valuable was taken." He said looking at Gerard. Gerard grimaced.

"No..nope nothing." Gerard mumbled. Mr. Sea smiled and nodded. Gerard was right, why didn't we get a break from all of this shit?

The principle left after looking at all the damage and I sat down on Gerard's desk. He was wandering around the room, his hazel eyes dark. I walked over to him and hugged him. "It'll be okay." I whispered. He sighed and leaned into me and sighed again.

"I guess. I just..I think we are gunna get caught." Gerard whispered back, I shook my head and he kissed the top of my head. "Class is gunna start soon, I need to see which room I'm going to use while they investigate this one." Gerard said. I gave him another hug and I left the room.