3. A Bit Of Help

When I got home, I sat myself down in the kitchen with a blank piece of paper in front of me. Linda walked in and gave me a curious expression, I just continued staring at it. "Frank, what are you doing?" Linda asked.

"I'm trying to figure out how to do my Art project..its due tomorrow." I answered dully, I picked up my pencil and began sketching the outline of an eye. I guess, Gerard's eyes were kind of amazing, and they kind of reflected my emotion, so I guess mentally I just decided to draw him. I just wanted to capture his eyes. But the thing was, I wanted them perfect, and I couldn't picture a perfection, or a close description. "I think I'm going to go for a walk." I said, I got up and pulled on my leather jacket, Linda was giving me a weird look.

"Frank, you just got home. Why don't you just stay here?" Linda asked.

"Because I need to go for a walk, I might walk over to Mikey's or something." I answered, Linda sighed and nodded.

"Okay, just be careful. Stay away from drugs. Okay?" Linda said, I nodded my head and grabbed my notebook and the starting outline of Gerard's eye, I walked out the front door. I walked down the sidewalk, and when I got to the corner of The End street, I turned on it. I figured Gerard still lived with Mikey or something, I just needed to see Gerard, he'd probably help me if I asked.

I continued walking until I reached the house nextdoor to Mikey's, there was a hearse in the driveway, maybe this was where Gerard lived? Just right next door? I took a chance and walked up the driveway, I went to the front door and dinged the doorbell. I looked at Mikey's house, I could see his bedroom light on, so I figured he'd be there rather than here. The front door opened.

"Frank?" Gerard mumbled, I looked up at him, he was wearing jeans that were fraying by his feet and a loose black shirt, his hair was fucking everywhere. "What are you doing here?" Gerard asked.

"I uh..need help." I said quietly. Gerard reached and pulled on my sleeve and pulled me inside, he closed the door behind me.

"What's going on?" Gerard asked curiously, he walked me into the kitchen, it was kind of like Donna Way's kitchen, his mother's. I sat down at the island counter and he leaned on the other side, his elbows propping himself up.

"This sounds really stupid, but its not really important." I said, I could feel myself blushing, why the hell I was blushing, I had no idea. Gerard sighed and put a hand under his chin, his tired hazel eyes on me. "You know, I should just leave..uhm, Forget I asked I guess." I said slowly, I was about to get up when I heard someone walk into the kitchen. I looked and saw a girl, she was pale, long black hair, it was tied up in a ponytail, her lips were a bright red and her eyes rimmed with eyeliner. She was wearing a black long sleeved shirt, it was baggy and kind of hung loose on her, she was in black and white Jack Skellington striped men's pajama pants.

"Oh, uh..you have company." The girl said, she blushed slightly. She looked Gerard's age.

"Sorry, Lyn-Z.." Gerard said, his eyes flicked over to her. The girl kind of crossed her arms around her torso and stood awkwardly.

"I'll be upstairs.." She said, she turned and left the room, I heard her footsteps go up the stairs. I looked at Gerard and he sighed.

"Just tell me what's going on." Gerard said, he put his fingers to his chin, much like the expression he gave me the time in school, as if he were stroking facial hair that were ripping through the final layer of flesh on his pale face.

"I told you its stupid, I'll let you get back to your, uh, girlfriend? Its just some art thing, not that important." I found myself slightly rambling.

"Art is important Frank. Art is a weapon." Gerard stated, he stared intently into my eyes. Those fucking hazel eyes of him.

"I'm intruding, forget about it. I'll see you tomorrow." I told him, I got up and turned, but Gerard grabbed the shoulder of my jacket. I looked at him over my shoulder. Gerard glared and walked around the counter to stand in front of me.