6. Drunk Dancing

It was Friday, Mikey and I were driving to Newark. Gerard was actually with us surprisingly. Him and Lindsey had gotten into an argument so she left for a few days. Mikey kept smiling back at Gerard who sat in the back seat.

"Dude, you haven't seen Ray in years!" Mikey said, he tapped his hand on the back of the seat. I kept my eyes on the road. It was storming again.

"I haven't, you're right." Gerard said with a nod. I swerved the car as another driver whizzed by, nearly hitting me.

"Fuck people are assholes tonight!" I squeaked. Mikey went silent.

"You sure you don't want me to drive?" Gerard asked. I shook my head. We were on the highway, it wasn't like we could just pull over and switch seats. Drivers here didn't approve of slowing down even just a few numbers.

I kept driving and just then, this night went to hell. A car slammed into us, it was a bigger car, like a truck. My car actually lifted off the road and slammed on its side. I heard Mikey screech. The car slid a few feet and rolled off the road slamming into a telephone pole. The car tipped one last time and landed roughly on the top of the cab.

Once the car officially stopped, I undid my seatbelt and let myself land on the roof of the car. I looked to see Mikey looking at me with terrified eyes, his glasses werent on his face. They were crushed against the windshield. I looked into the back seat to see Gerard laying on his side, his eyes closed and his hands twitching, blood dripping out of his lips

"Gee?" Mikey whimpered, he reached an arm out. His fingers were bloody and covered in glass. He couldn't reach Gerard. I moved and looked at Gerard's chest, it wasn't moving.

"He's not breathing." I said, I reached forward and pulled myself closed to the back seat. I pressed my fingertips to where his pulse should be, it was slow, really close to stopping. I pulled myself even closer and started CPR.

"Gee!" Mikey screamed. I had to do mouth to mouth. I knew how to do it because my mum put me in a class when I was younger because my sad would pass out occasionally. It wasn't that hard either.

After a few tries, Gerard came to and sat up coughing his guts up and spitting blood out. He kind of clung to me and he was shaking. Mikey was calling an ambulance and a man who caused the wreck was prying the crushed car doors open. He was repeatedly asking if Mikey was okay and if Gerard was breathing.

My arms were tightly around Gerard, as if I let go he'd die instantly or something. I held him, he held me. I kept whispering that it was okay.

An ambulance came, along with firemen, they used machinery to get the cab open and they got us out. Luckily there was no gas leakage, so the car wouldn't explode or anything. They put all of us near the ambulance and checked us out. Gerard had a few broken ribs, Mikey had a pretty cut up hand and i had scrapes and glass in various places. But we were okay.

Gerard called Ray and we were now waiting for Ray to pick us up. Gerard kind of huddled against me, and Mikey didn't really mind. I don't think he noticed about he intensity and passion that we had. Gerard and I had a certain passion, a passion no one could see really, but what one would feel. I felt it, and I believe that Gerard felt it too.

I knew Ray, he and Bob were friends, and he was also friends with Mikey. so at least I was familiar with the guy whom would be driving me home. It only took Ray maybe ten minutes to get here, and we got in his truck. Gerard leaned on me the whole ride to Newark.

"We are still drinking. You can drink the pain away Gee." Ray said with a laugh. Gerard nodded slightly and closed his eyes. I wrapped one arm around his shoulder.