crash and dash

──where's dad? ─────

earlier,

"i've got to go back to my office, i need to get a few papers" the twins' father sighed with a smile. it had been an exhausting day and he just wanted to go home and take a nap. 

"okay be careful sweetie," Mrs.Miya said sweetly before grabbing her purse and headed to the front door.

Mr.Miya opened his car door, started the car up, and left. on the way to his office he saw flashing lights. "shit" he muttered, not wanting to deal with traffic all because some dumbass wanted to look at his phone while driving.

after a while, the traffic started to pick up. he was almost to the office, thank god. the light turned green and-

everything went silent, his vision was blurry. he could hear sirens. after a few seconds, things faded. something was wrong, very wrong.

═════════•°•𖤐

Mrs.Miya's phone started ringing. confused, she wasn't supposed to go in today, she picked up the call.

"mom, what's wrong?" atsumu questioned. Mrs.Miya looked mortified, "we need to go now, get osamu and yer friends" she rushed, grabbing keys and heading towards her car.

following his mother's instructions he called osamu. "we need to go now, get suna too" he deadpanned, worry drowning his eyes. osamu's face twisted 'what's going on' he thought.

they all got into the car and put on their seatbelts, Mrs.Miya stomped on the gas going well over the speed limit.

"mom!" atsumu panicked, she almost ran into a stop sign. "i'm sorry" she muttered repetitively. something was very wrong.

sakusa and suna looked at each other, they had a feeling about what happened. not wanting to think about they stayed silent.

osamu noticed something. "hey 'tsumu isn't this the way to the... hospital"

then it hit for both of them. "fuck" atsumu looked up and covered his eyes with his palms. osamu looked down, what happened?

they parked outside the hospital. "hurry" Mrs.Miya said more or so to herself. all of them walked into the hospital and waited for the clear to go to the room they needed to be, which took far longer than they'd prefer.

"he's on the third floor" the twins' mother sped to the elevator door. she pushed the button up as hard as she could, she was hopeful.

the doors opened and they walked in. Mrs.Miya knew the chance of him being alive was slim. the crash was extremely bad. 'it's going to be okay' she told herself more times than she can count over the last 38 minutes.

"he got into a car wreck," she said, the twins nodded. it was quiet as the doors opened, as they walked to the room, as they waited for the news.

that science was slightly disturbed by soft sobs. the doctors told them a load of shit sugarcoated for their ears. it happens all the time.

"i'm not great at touching but i guess.. it wouldn't hurt, uh...do you need a hug?" sakusa asked atsumu, who gratefully took the offer. sakusa winced when he hugged him but quickly hugged back. he could always take a shower later.

on the other hand, the twins' mother wasn't doing as well. she couldn't bare to see the cold face of her husband. she could feel her chest sink and burn when she first walked into the room. she always saw the bright side but it's hard when you're in complete darkness.

suna saw osamu, he was further away from everyone and his face was completely straight. he didn't feel anything. maybe he was just taking it well or maybe it's the quiet before the storm, regardless suna tried to talk to him.

"hey are you okay?" suna spoke softly. osamu instantly shot a glare towards him. "i don't fucking know, guess" he snarled.

suna was taken back, osamu wasn't one to get mad. yeah him and atsumu argued but it wasn't the same.

(he knew this because he totally didn't snoop through his memories when the contract was made)

this was completely different.

"i'm sorry i shouldn't have said that," he cleared his throat, "is- do you wanna talk?" suna tried his hardest, he was never one to comfort.

"do you want to talk? what the fuck are we gonna talk about? oh look outside at the pretty birds"osamu strained. damn, he was hurting but did it really mean to hurt everyone else?

suna snapped, he wishes he didn't. some times he needed to take shit from others but he can't, he doesn't let people walk on him. it's a great thing until it means hurting someone he cares about.

"fuck you, i try to help you but you're being so fucking frustrating" suna raised his voice catching the attention of a few people walking by.

"oh yeah sure, what would ya even know?" osamu didn't make the situation any better. suna never used his powers in augments but i guess lucifer was testing him.

"get your head out of your ass, of course, i would know what it's like" suna could feel his blood boil. "i've seen hundreds of people i cared about die in front of me, at least you have people to go to, i had to deal with it all on my own" suna wanted to say so much more but bit his tongue.

that seemed to get osamu to shut up. his face softened slightly, realizing all the things he said.

"hey, we gotta go," atsumu said, eyes puffy and red from crying. it was a rare sight to see. atsumu would hardly ever let anyone, even his own family, see him cry.

osamu just nodded and walked, following atsumu and their mom. suna had to take a small breather before joining them.

they all walked in silence again. this time it was filled with despair, guilt, and overall gloom. they all knew it would stay like that for a while, but that was a problem for tomorrow.

as they got to the exit of the hospital they noticed something, or rather someone.

it was another demon.

this demon was with a shorter male with spiky hair. the demon themselves were tall and had hazel brown hair, dark brown curved horns above their ears paired with a mix of various browns and white dragon-like tail.

the twins, sakusa, and suna stopped dead in their tracks. they were all looking at each other with questions filling the air, which didn't help the already gloomy atmosphere. could this day get any worse?

____________________________________
this took a little longer to make, sorry bout that. anyway as promised this chapter is over 1000 words normally these chapters are 400 words but let me know if i should start making them longer!!

oh and i got bored so there's more characters showing up, that's the only reason for that honestly
also sorry for any grammar mistakes i didn't reread this and i'm not about to

people sometimes add things like "drink lots of water" but i'm not about to drink water or tell ya too sooooo don't get fucking ran over