Chapter 36 - Perspective

IMPORTANT! - Instagram user dilemmadrawings (DilEmma) is now drawing Massacre as a comic! The first chapter is done and it is so POG!!!!! I'm so proud of them!!!! Please go check them out and give them some love, they deserve it.

Anyway this chapter will be short because my writers block is killing me right now, massacre will most likely be on hold for a few weeks, or at least until I know what I want to write, hopefully it won't be too long.

Hope you enjoy and there is a HUGE lore drop in this chapter (if you have a good memory of previous chapters that is) I'll give you a hint, it was said in Dream's POV of the funeral chapters.

Again please check out dilemmadrawings and I hope you enjoy!

————————

Tubbo walked through L'Manburg his head hung low.
The nation was quiet, it had been like this ever since Tommy's exile, but now it just seemed even more empty.
Lifeless even.

'At least while he was in exile he was still alive.
It's your fault
He's dead because of you
He got hurt again because of you.
Your fault
It's your fault'

Tubbo shook his head violently. Those wither damned voices kept showing up, always telling him the same thing, over and over and over again.
-It was his fault
-He let Tommy die.
-He should have protected Tommy
-He shouldn't have listened to Dream.

The list goes on. He knew they were right. Ever since they were kids it was always his fault that Tommy got hurt.

But at least he can't be hurt anymore...

————————

Tommy woke up from his nap and rubbed his eyes.
He REALLY didn't want to get up.

'Come on kid, Ranboo's here'

He shoved his face into his pillow. "I don't wanna"

'Either you get up or Ranboo will take your quilt'

"I will?"

'Yes.'

"I will."

"Fuck you Ranboo."

"I- I'd rather you didn't thank you very much."

Tommy looked up glaring at Ranboo. The enderman in question was smirking, trying not to laugh.

"I hate you."

"Yeah I know."

"Well now that you're awake! Get up!'

"Nooooooo"

'Ranboo!'

"On it!"

In seconds Tommy quilt was ripped off of him causing a small shriek to slip from his mouth. He curled up into a ball trying to keep some of the warmth to no avail.
Who knew that caves were cold.

'Come on kid.'

"Nooooooo"

'Why not?'

"My head feels fuzzy, I just wanna go back to sleep."

'...'

"Nightmare?" He looked up, the spirit looked panicked for some reason. "Nightmare what's wrong?"

'Kid what happened after you last felt like this?'

"I don't know...
Nightmare what is this about?"

'You realised you lost your memories about exile kid...'

Tommy sat up and held his head in one hand, the other hand against the bed too stabilise him.
"What do you mean I forgot about exile?"

'Do you remember it now?'

"...no"

'Tell me everything you remember."

And so he did, every memory he could think of off the top of his head was told to nightmare and Ranboo, though the latter swore he would never tell anyone.

Eventually he hit a block.

Right at the beginning of L'Manburg.

————————

Dream was curled into a ball on his bed, he had taken to living with George for the time being.
He didn't want to be alone.
Tears mixed with blood as they ran tracks down his face. He hadn't been able to stop crying since the funeral, and when he found himself able to he just felt numb instead.
Why? Why did he care so much?
He had hurt and killed and manipulated so many people, so why was it that Tommy's death affected him so much?

He wasn't a monster.
He wasn't a freak.
He wasn't unwanted.
He wasn't a nobody.

So why did he feel like he was all of them?

————————

BadBoyHalo found himself with the egg yet again. There was something about it that was so mesmerising, so enchanting.

"You said you could give me everything I want."

"I̸̭̚ ̶̹̐d̸͈͗ǐ̴̘d̷͜͝"
("I did")

"Would you extend that offer to others?"

"I̸͔̍ ̷͎̃w̵͇͘o̷̬͝u̵̗̚l̵̥̂d̴̘͌"
("I would")

"Is there a price?"

"̷̨̓T̷̜̒h̶͖̾ẹ̸́r̵̭̋e̴̫̐ ̷̠̍i̶͚̾s̷̳̈́ ̵͓̌a̵̟͠l̵̥̓w̷̭͒a̴̻̅y̵̹͋s̵͙̕ ̵̰́ǎ̵͙ ̴̡̉p̶͕̄r̶̩͊į̶̅c̷̱̈́e̵̯̓"̸͇̆
("There is always a price")

"Name it and it will be yours"

"̵̻̕I̶̡̓ ̵̤́w̷͊͜à̷̩ñ̶ͅt̵͇͠ ̴̪́T̶͖͂u̵̝̓b̷͔̈́b̴͈̓ọ̵̀"̷̞͗
("I want Tubbo")

"Tubbo?"

"̸͔͆D̷͙̆i̸̫͘d̵͓̀ ̶̫̈́I̵͇̕ ̵̤̽s̴̙̆ẗ̵̖́ü̷̜t̶̞͐t̴͚͛e̵͈͗r̴̜̈ ̴͉̾l̶̫̚i̵͔̓t̸̖̕t̶̘̕l̶̞̀e̷̟͂ ̵͋͜ô̵̦n̸̻̓e̷̗͘?̸̟́"̵̥̕
("Did I stutter little one?")

"No sir, you didn't"

"W̴͙͗h̸̻̀a̵͔̍t̸̰͝ ̸̞͂d̸̗͗i̵͓͝d̸̫̉ ̴̢̈I̵͓͊ ̸̻̏ś̴̰ă̸̘y̴͎̆ ̸̹̎y̷̭̅o̴̺̓ű̴̡ ̶̻̚m̶̩͝u̵͙͠s̸̫͘t̶̺̃ ̴̣̈́c̸̬̑ǎ̶̙l̷̪͐l̴͌͜ ̸͈̉m̴̺̎ẹ̶͝?̷͈̂"̶͎̔
("What did I say you must call me?")

"I apologise, you did not stutter, I was merely confused as to why you wanted Tubbo."

"H̷͙̋ḙ̷̛ ̶̪̈́w̸͉̿i̷̭̐l̸͈͊l̷̠̊ ̶̬̏b̷̘͠e̶̩̽ ̸́͜ū̶̮s̶͈͝e̸͙̒f̷̗͠u̶̝̾l̵̩͆ ̶͚̎t̸̢̀o̵͙͐ ̴̧̐m̶͇̾e̴̺͠ ̸̪͘ẉ̷͗h̴́͜e̶͇͛n̶͔̒ ̶̳͐t̶̟̑ḧ̷̙e̵̦͋ ̷̬́r̶̩̾i̵̼̅ĝ̶̟h̶̨̚t̸̢͊ ̷̱͋t̸̳́i̸̺̐m̶͎̌e̶̠̓ ̷͙͋c̷͇̈o̴̳̚m̷̺̕e̴̛̝s̶̯̏"̷̰͆
("He will be useful to me when the right time comes")

"Then he will be yours my God."

————————