Chapter 5

"So, are you going to keep that attitude?"

"Yhmm"

"You know, talking it out with them would be much easier than constant sulking. Besides, I know that deep down in your heart that is exactly what you want."

"Is that why you've invited them to come?," Lan Zhan looked awkward for a moment. "Oh please, I know you, my love. You cannot fool me."

"Then you know I am worried about you and that I know that you would love to have a relationship with them like the one you three had in the past. You are just too stubborn to admit it and move past that. Even Jiang Cheng came here of his own free will, he even brought me a bunny for me to let him in."

Wei Wuxian chuckled and his eyes sparkled for a moment when he put his hand on his husband's cheek, caressing it lightly.

"You would even exchange me for a bunny and you kind of did that."

"Stupid."

"Maybe, but your stupid."

"Mn"

"I know you are right, Wangji, but somehow I just snap, when I talk with Huaisang and I haven't spoken to A-Cheng since that day at the temple. It's... It's just hard you know? Hard to get used to living in someone else's body, get used to the fact that he had to sacrifice himself because the world is so unfair. Maybe he wouldn't have done it if Huaisang didn't give him the idea, maybe he would still be alive." He sobbed, making Lan Zhan hug him tightly.

"No, he wouldn't have. He would have done it anyway because he was on the brink of despair and had no one to bring him back from there. Sect Leader Nie did something that we maybe wouldn't have, but he did it in good cause. If he didn't Jin Guang-yao would've been left untouched and no one would ever know of the atrocities he had committed. And, what is even more important to me, you would have never come back to life. I don't care about your new face, I loved you because of your soul anyway. What is important is the fact that he gifted me with a life on your side and for that I will be forever grateful."

"Oh, Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan. I love you."

***

Nie Huaisang and Jiang Cheng were leaning against a tree. Well, almost because Huaisang was leaning against Jiang Cheng's chest, while the man was running his fingers through his hair.

Huisang had his eyes closed, but he wasn't asleep. He was enjoying this moment of peace with his lover on his side.

"I hate the fact that you will have to go back to Lotus Pier and I to Qinghe. I will miss your dumb ass." He whined and pouted, while stroking A-Cheng's leg.

"I know, I feel the same way as you do, but there is nothing we can do about it, we have Sects to run, baby," he said, placing delicate kisses on his neck, making Huaisang smile.

"Do you remember the first time we were laying like that?" Huaisang asked with a soft smile, turning over to look at A-Cheng.

"You mean that time. when I took away your virginity?" Jiang Cheng asked teasingly.

Huaisang feigned indignation and slapped him on the shoulder.

"No, you pig. I can't believe you said that."

"What? That's a very nice memory," he had a smug expression on his face and even a little smirk found its way to his lips.

"Maybe nice, but it definitely wasn't nice when afterwards Lan Qiren stumbled upon us while our robes were still half removed. I will never forget the embarrassment I felt at that moment." He blushed at the memory.

"So it's good he didn't comment on it and just left."

"He didn't say anything but his gaze was more than enough."

"That's true, but it was a nice day overall. Your smile, soft kisses and quiet moans straight into my ear are quite memorable."

"To be honest, I never thought that we would make something more out of it. At that moment we were just teenagers under hormonal influence. We were too immature. Truth be told, our relationship till lately could be described as a casual hook ups, but we both knew it was way more than that. We just never said it out loud. We were so careful not to give ourselves out, that even Wuxian said that he never saw that coming." He gave out a sad chuckle.

"I behaved terribly towards you in those past years and yet, you still stayed by my side. Even when I wasn't responding to your letters for weeks, when I didn't come to visit you though I promised to do it. You still welcomed me with a wide smile and a hug."

"That's because I knew what you were going through. Besides, I have also secluded myself in Qinghe after my brother's death, but you still barged into my quarters, with Zidian sparkling and ready to attack anyone who would have dared to stand in your way."

"And what would you say about a little memory refresh, hmm?"

"It's because I was terrified. I know that even though you play tough you are very fragile inside. I was mad at myself when I thought that you must have had similar thoughts when I wasn't responding to your letters for weeks. I don't know how you managed to stay composed."

"I knew that you wouldn't leave Jin Ling alone in this world, after all you are both, mother and father to him. You love him dearly, and he loves and admires you beyond imagination."

"You know it's not only him who is so precious to me."

"I do now. I think I knew it already years ago, but I was too afraid to ask for confirmation."

Jiang Cheng made one agile move and Huaisang got underneath him, only making a soft, startled scream.

"Hey!"

"What? I want to savour every inch of your body while you are next to me. I love you so much." He whispered into his lips, trying to lighten up the mood, not wanting to keep that sad expression on his lover's face.

Huaisang smiled, pure joy and affection showing on his face.

"I love you too, more than you could possibly imagine."

He connected their lips in a slow kiss. A kiss that they have poured all their love for each other into.

Life is much more bearable when you have someone you can give your heart to without having it broken into pieces in the process.