Chapter 1

Nie Huaisang was in his room, standing by the window with a piece of parchment in his hand. His face was emotionless, at least that's what someone looking from a side could think. Huaisang bit his lip and wondered about the content of the letter. He was concerned to say the least.

The smooth and gentle calligraphy put on paper by Hanguang-jun himself made him feel many emotions at once and he wasn't sure what to think of it. Rolling the parchment he sighed heavily and turned around to look at the person sitting at the small table and looking at him with evident concern.

"Is something bothering you? You seem restless."

"You can always read me like an open book, can't you?" he smiled lightly while looking at the man and sitting in front of him.

"It's not that difficult, when you know someone like the palm of your own hand." The man giggled and took a sip of his tea. "So tell me, what's troubling your mind this time?"

"Lan Wangji sent me a letter. He is worried about Wuxian. Apparently he is quite somber lately and spends a lot of time at the lotus pond, sometimes he sits there till late evening hours doing absolutely nothing. He even made Sizhui concerned about his well-being. You know they're all very careful with him, when he behaves in that distant manner and don't really know how to treat him. Hanguang-jun himself has some trouble getting him out of that zone this time."

"That's weird, usually he's the only one that succeeds."

The man was as surprised as Huaisang by the content of the letter. It was true that Lan Wangji was a true miracle maker when it came to taming Wei Wuxian, so if he couldn't do it, it was really an issue.

"Is there something else? After all, it's quite unusual for Hanguang-jun to send you a letter. He rarely speaks to you since Jin Guanyaos' death.", he frowned, and that made Huaisang smile.

Every time he does that, small wrinkles appear around his eyes. The same goes for when he smiles and Huaisang thinks that they look really sweet on that handsome face of his.

"You are not mistaken, his letter does have a certain purpose. In his opinion Wuxian is not able to make total peace with the past, although I don't think it is easy for any of us who have experienced it. We all have our share of mistakes and regrets that haunt our thoughts and dreams on a daily basis.", he rested his head in his hand and closed his eyes for a moment.

"Does he want you two to make amends?" The man looked at him carefully.

"You know him, he wouldn't have written it outright. But it's not that difficult to figure out, if you take into consideration the fact that he bolded the words 'uneasy spirit', 'lotus pond', 'past' and a couple more."

"What do you want to do?"

"I honestly don't know," he confessed. "You can think whatever you want, but I don't feel guilty over my actions. I did what I had to do, and I don't claim to be innocent, but I am also not a villain in this story. The one, who was, got what he deserved, nothing more nothing less. I don't regret a single thing. There is only one person in the world that I feel like apologizing to and that's it."

"I know Huai, I am the last person you have to say that to. I am not implying that you should apologize to him or anything of the sort, but it would be good for the both of you to get your friendship back on the right path. After all, you didn't bring him back to life just so he could get revenge for you," he sent him that all knowing look and Huaisang snorted.

"You are quite moody today, are you aware of that?" The man asked.

"Oh, I am absolutely aware. I am wondering if you aren't adding anything to my tea," he teased.

"Yes Huaisang, because I wake up everyday and choose violence just to make your life a bit harder," the man rolled his eyes and standed up. "Now move that ass of yours and come on, we need to pack for the trip."

"I don't know anything about any packing. I haven't agreed to go anywhere yet," he pouted, making the other man burst with laughter.

"Stop being childish, sweetie. I should be the anxious one here. I don't even know if Lan Wangji will let me put a foot in Cloud Recesses."

"Well, maybe if you give him a new bunny he'll look at you more favorably."

The man looked at Huaisang with a strange expression on his face. A strange expression he knew very well.

"It was a joke. You know that, right?"

"Well..."

"Don't you even dare."

The man grinned broadly, making Huaisang get up hurriedly. He grabbed the fan lying on the table and because of that the man smiled even wider, if that's even possible.

"What are you going to do with that fan hmm? Spank me with it? Because, just so you know, it's not your role in this relationship," he chuckled.

"You're not going to be so quick to joke around, after I'll beat your ass. Just you wait."

"That's if you catch me first," he said before sprinting out of the room and making Huaisang shake his head in amusement.

"And he says I am the childish one."