When The Puzzle Pieces Fit

A/N okay, since I can't really updat for the week and the next cause i'm busy with school. here's a little drabble for you to suffice with. Sorry but. yeah,,, I'll update as soon as I can. =D

Sometimes, there are moments we don’t want to let go. We want to keep it and even stop time just to hold on to that. But we can’t and it passes away. And it leaves us with a goofy smile as we reached that moment in our memory box.

I remember that the day started fine. Francis and I were sitting together on the bench surrounding the CenTree, a hundred year old acacia tree with a cement bridge laced around the trunk. The two of us were talking about sports of some sort. Suddenly he passed by with Elton. I don't know why but he looked so happy. He looked so handsome wearing that smile.

I tried to feel my heart. I was surprise for it wasn't beating like a racing horse on a billion worth derby. Instead, it was beating slightly above normal with an excitement. The score was so new yet familiar. It didn't make me light-headed or give me an adrenaline rush to force me into something stupid. I was just admiring him like a child wondering how moon stays floating in the midnight sky. He friendly waved at me and I waved back the same way.

Later, we proceeded to our classes. He sat beside me without giving any notice or asking if the seat was already taken. Instantly, the awkward feeling, I realized was there no more. Yet, we weren't talking to each other. Somehow, the silence didn’t bother us. Somehow, the need to talk didn't matter. Somehow, an understanding between us emerged that if there wouldn't be any topics, ‘it's cool-we are still friends’.

The lecture continued. Everyone was bored, including me and him. On the other hand, I enjoyed it. And he too, I sensed, liked it. He smiled at me. I don't know for what reason. May for being caught looking at him. May be because of his boredom. Or probably because of the fact that the ice was gone. But he did.

It's as if the class lasted only for seconds yet it felt like eternity. When we were dismissed, I didn't even bother him and passed out with Khia. Then I received a message. I smiled at it and when he saw me, he asked if he could read it. Without asking for my replay, he took my phone. As he read he place an arm across my chest onto my shoulder and said “Just lean on.”. So I did. We stood by the door, absorbing the message from John Rey as I grabbed it onto his hands.

Maybe we just have to go through it all. We had to put the puzzles pieces together because we scattered it. It was tiresome, time-consuming and a shit-load hard. We gave up and throw it away. But maybe that was what we need. We have to face the worst of it, to lose some of those pieces that never really fit at the start and start from the very begin. And in that moment of losing everything, all the pieces, every single one of them, started falling in their rightful place.

And suddenly it all vanishes. I return back to the darkness of the night, slightly crying and holding an invisible hand under my chin. I don’t know if it’s for a fact that I had this dream twice or that I was feeling a strange mix emotion of forlorn happiness or joyful sadness. But one thing is for sure, I have my closure and the heavy weight on my chest is unburdened and it feels so damn good.