That Miscreant She-Devil

"So, what did you think of him, it was quite like a meet-cute after all," Louis asked.

Sophia shot Louis a glare.

"It was NOT a meet-cute, Louis," she refused.

"Besides, he's not that big a catch, Louis," Sophia retorted, a twinkle of unfamiliar emotion in her eyes.

Louis chuckled, before he said amusedly, "Keep telling yourself that, sister."

'BANG!' came the sound of the slamming of doors, an interruption to their conversation, and a cue someone was done with their meeting with their least favourite - and only - daughter-in-law.

Out the door came Julia, storming out the room as she flounced away, most likely retreating to her quarters after being provoked and agitated.

"She seems positively livid, what do you think that evil witch did this time?" Louis asked, earning a scoff from Sophia.

"Seeing as that's her infuriated walk, nothing good," Sophia replied.

"You don't think she's contesting our right to the throne again, is she? She's got to start realizing she hasn't got a legitimate claim at any of this. This is the seventh claim and I still don't know why grandmere's putting up with her," Sophia said coldly.

She snorted in disbelief, wondering how her father had the capability to fall madly in love with someone as cruel as Emilia.

She hadn't known how the two had met, although Sophia adored her stepmother at first, until she saw her true colours, seeing her for the scheming, manipulative, maniacal witch she could be.

Her graceful act was just a facade. It didn't take much for one to find out what she truly was underneath all the layers of acts and cosmetics.

Sophia muttered to herself, 'If only there was divorce in h*ll. Maybe we wouldn't need to put up with someone like Emilia, if not for the prenuptial agreement.'

What Emilia had done to her gave her all the right to feel this way about her. It was a recurring theme in the nightmares Sophia had as a child, and the thought of it still gave her chills, even to this day.

"Brings me back to the days where their squabbling every morning acted as efficiently as an alarm clock to me. Years later and nothing's changed," Louis said with a scoff.

Sophia laughed softly.

"Your sense of humour is going to be the death of me," she muttered aloud.

Louis laughed.

"And when did humorous jokes ever hurt anyone."

Seeing as Sophia remained silent and ignored his question, he asked daringly, "Nevertheless, what do you think of Nicholas, sister?"

Sophia rolled her eyes.

"Other than him seeming like a real jerk and an indecent windbag, he's not on my list of people I'd go out with," she admitted, before muttering, 'Although the fact that I never went on a date before does play a part in that.'

"Real jerk and an indecent windbag? Damn, you really don't want to end up marrying the guy, Soph," Louis said, not too surprised his spontaneous sister was behaving this way. She never opposed the idea of marriage, although an arranged or forced marriage was the last thing on her mind. Either way, it seemed far-fetched, although this family had never once been normal in their entire lives.

Louis wrapped a hand around his sister's shoulder.

"Well, let's cut the chit-chat, since grandmere's got her turn already, she's waiting for us in her evil lair, just waiting till we arrive," Louis reminded.