Tsk Tsk, What Unbecoming Behavior for a Windsor (Reincarnation)

"EXCUSE ME!" Sophia shouted as she made her way through the crowd of people that had just exited the Beldovian airport. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her, her purse swaying as she reached the nearest taxi she could find.

As she opened the door to the nearest taxi, a man yelled at her, clearly upset.

"Hey, lady! That's my taxi!"

He was claiming it was his taxi she was taking. One he'd been waiting hours for.

Nonetheless, it was the truth, and it was inexcusable, no matter who she was.

She turned, face fully apologetic.

"Sorry about that!" She apologized as she quickly turned to face the man she had wronged.

Strangely, her heart did a flip, and for some odd reason, she recognized his face although she barely had time to register his features.

"THAT'S STILL MY TAXI YOU'RE TAKING!" The man shouted indignantly, bringing her back to reality.

"I'm incredibly sorry, but I have someplace to go and important people are waiting for me!" Sophia cried, slamming the taxi door shut before giving the cab driver directions on where to.

Before the man could say anything else, the taxi sped off, and the man's perfectly sculptured features were scrunched up as he tried to process what just happened.

Such a situation had never happened to him, and if she had actually known who he was, she'd be less apologetic and instead cower in fear.

Yet, he hadn't any idea of who she was either, and why she oddly looked familiar.

A couple of hours later, the taxi parked at the lobby of the home, correction, house she grew up in.

As soon as she stepped out of the taxi, she was greeted by two guards, guarding the grand staircase that led to the landmark that was the Beldovian palace.

"Greetings, your grace," one guard greeted with a bow.

The other guard greeted her as well, bowing deeply, "Greetings Duchess Sophia Helena Victoria Belle Windsor of Beldovia."

She nodded ever-so-slightly, acknowledging the two guards. Truth be told, to her, honorifics weren't necessary, but she'd gotten used to it over time.

"Good to see you again, boys," she replied as her heels glided up across the staircase elegantly, her heels clicking against the marble.

'A royal doesn't slink, doesn't skedaddle, and doesn't stride. A royal must take it upon themselves to glide,' she remembered learning as a child.

She had always been the spontaneous royal, and that made her stand out from the others, although she managed to follow the rules.

She had come to the palace - a rare occasion now that she was of age - by the request of grandmere - the only person she truly cared about all these years, along with a couple of others.

And by that, the only person who hadn't become arrogant and haughty, unlike her deceased father, and her witch of a stepmother that was still unfortunately alive.

The witch had taken the throne for herself during the interregnum, with the claim and reasoning that she was the rightful heir to the throne because of her late husband's status. After all, that was the whole reason she had married into royalty in the first place. For a step up the social ladder, a title that she now had the ability to flaunt, and the riches she could get her claws on. Although it was fortunate no one gave her the light of day on any of her ridiculous claims.