Chapter 10 (Caught red handed)

*Jake's POV*

(In school on Friday)

I just started 11th grade a little over a week ago and so far everything is going smoothly.  I was a bit afraid of this specific year at first because of all the rumours of this being the hardest grade.  Then again they might just be going easy on us because it's the beginning of the year.  Anyways, ever since Levi has moved to our school, Akari has had a bit of trouble getting through her school days smoothly.  And although those two have had that little rivalry for years I'm worried for them.  It's been kinda hard to see two of my closest friends fight for so long.  There's only so much I can do to get them to stop.  They recently got a month worth of detention for fighting in class.  It is harsh but hopefully they'll learn to get along for once.

Right now I'm in my civics class and it's so boring. I would much rather be practicing my vocals with my guitar right now.  But I guess it's fine; class should be over in 20 minutes anyway. 

*Jake looks around the classroom and stares at Selena who is seated diagonal of him*

*Jake smiles*

I know Selena can be kinda blunt but she really is a cool person.  She's so straight forward all the time. It's like she already has everything in her life figured out. 

Civics teacher: Jake

She's very studious and really pretty too. 

Civics teacher: Jake?

"Now that I think about it she's pretty popular amongst the guys of our grade.  I'll probably never have a chance" Jake thought while sulking

Selena: Jake!

Jake: Huh?

"The teacher is calling you..." Selena said while pointing up front

Jake: Oh sorry...heh um what was the question again? 😅

Civics teacher: Make sure your paying attention this time Jake "what are one of the laws of political science?"

Jake: oh uh *flips through notebook* In the developed democracies, incumbents are reelected more than half the time, an advantage probably derived at least in part from their exploitation of state resources. 

Civics teacher: Very good now moving on

Phew that was embarrassing... hopefully I didn't look stupid while I was daydreaming

(After class)

What a day. I'm glad it's finally over and I can go home. People usually stick around after school is over so there's still a lot of people in the building

Aiden: Hey Jake!

Jake: Oh hey Aiden!

Aiden: So how was class?

Jake: Boring as hell, I also got caught daydreaming in class so that was embarrassing

Aiden: Well what were you daydreaming about?

Jake: Oh! Uhh nothing 😅

Aiden: Let me guess we're you staring at Selena again?