Chapter 7 (Lunch time advice)

*Akari's POV*
Brianna: Damn bro- another fight?

Akari: Yeah that's what happened

Ryan: HAHAHAHA YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS

Jake: Ryan don't say it like that!

Ryan: I MEAN HOW ELSE AM I SUPOSE TO LAUGH AT THEM? WE EVEN WENT THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF TELLING THEM THEY COULD GET CAUGHT FIGHTING BUT THEY STILL WENT AND STARTED A FIGHT... IN FRONT IF THEIR WHOLE CLASS 🤣

Akari: I know... it was stupid

Aiden:I still think a whole month of detention is a bit harsh though

Brianna: Yeah like what's the purpose for giving it for that long?

Akari: I have no idea! Ask her

Jake: Maybe she's trying to make you guys get along?

Akari: I mean maybe... it only makes sense she wouldn't want something like that happening in her class again.

Ryan: I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the teachers punishment will make it better or worse XD

I was starting to have the thoughts of what Levi might do to me again but then Aiden saw I looked worried.

Aiden: Don't worry Akari you'll be fine. Just try not to blow up at at him and I'll make sure he's under control. Does that sound good?

Akari: Yeah! Thanks Aiden I'll try my best

I had no idea what Aiden meant when he said he'd make sure Levi was under control, but he's usually good at taking care of stuff like this and he's never let anyone down so I trust him.

*Levi's POV*

When I went to get a drink from the vending machine in the food court near my school, I heard familiar voices nearby. I peeked around the corner and saw my friends from karate and Akari. I guess they decided to have lunch together. There were a few people missing but maybe they had other things to do. I heard them talking about something so I decided to listen in.

Jake: Anyways what even happened in between you and Levi? I can't remember

Akari: I still don't know if I'm being honest. He just started being a jerk to me out of the blue.

Ryan: I'm assuming it was around the time he got a bit of an ego?

Akari: Yeah... I don't even think I did anything wrong.

Aiden: Yeah but right now I feel like you should be more concern on if you'll be able to handle karate practice and your detention hours on top of your school work and your other responsibilities

Akari: I promise I can get it all done! I'm usually good at juggling around a bunch of things at once as long as my parents don't get in the way.

Jake: Well, I'll try my best to help you out how I can. I could probably cut you some slack with your mom. Without her knowing about your detention hours of course.

Akari: Thanks Jake that's gonna help a lot. I'll make sure I work hard so I can manage my social life and beat Levi in a match.

Jake: Oh by the way.. why is it so important for you to beat Levi?

Akari: It's been a goal or mine ever since the last tournament we went to.

Jake: Right because you lost to him last time but if you were to win against him, what would the purpose of beating him be?

Akari: Well, I couldn't beat him last time or any time before that so.. it thought if I could work harder and beat him in an offical match, I could take on pretty much anyone.

Jake: Sooo your saying if you can beat him you'll be able to take on anyone in our division?

Akari: Yeah! Basically

Brianna: Does that mean you think he's the best fighter you've seen your age?

Akari: Well! Uh.. I think he's amazing at what he does but umm...

Does she not want to admit that she thinks I'm one of the best fighters?

Jake: Heh, you don't have to say anything about Levi right now. But don't you think your little rivalry with him has gone on for a long time now?

Akari: What do you mean?

Jake: I mean you guys used to be really good friends but for years you two have been at each other's throats and for what? Ask anyone here they probably think the same thing

*Aiden's thoughts* Jake I swear to god why are you bringing us into this? T-T

Akari: Wait really?! Ryan is that true?

Ryan: Yeah I've watched you guys fight for years and it's honestly for a pretty stupid reason.

Akari: You too Bri?!

Brianna: Yeah it gets a little annoying sometimes (she said while taking a bite of her food)

Akari: :0

Jake: See what I mean?

Aiden: Yeah maybe your teacher was right to put you guys in detention for that long

Akari: What?! How could you say that!

Aiden: Well it's about time that you and Levi settle your problems and detention is probably the best place to do it since your forced to be there :)

Jake: Yeah instead of thinking of him as a rival try and think fo him as a friend

So Jake and Aiden are trying to get us to be friends again huh? Well as far as I'm concerned she's just an aquatinted rival.
(Levi finished listening in on their conversation and went back to class)
*end of Levi's POV*

Akari: Okay.. I'll try but I gotta get going now I have something I need to do. Thanks for having lunch with me guys!

Jake: No problem! And don't get into any more trouble

Akari: I won't. Bye guys!

Brianna: see ya Akari!

Aiden and Ryan: Bye!