07 - Drunk

TW/CW - HEAVY alcohol consumption

-🖤-💙-🌈-💙-🖤-

Nightmare entered the universe, slipping into the shadows almost immediately. He was large and tall, but despite that, he was still incredibly stealthy. He could hide in the shadows, the darkness, he had been doing it his entire life.

He watched as people walked past him, huddling together and shivering in their heavy coats. It was chilly down in Snowdin this time of year, worse than any other season. Nightmare wasn't bothered. The temperature was obsolete to him. He was only really irritated by hot temperatures, but even then he didn't care all that much. He didn't sweat too much, and despite his outfits tending to smother him in the summer months, he still didn't care.

Puffs of air came out of his nose as he breathed and negative feelings swirled in the air. The lack of heat caused desperation and fear. The CORE wasn't working as well as it should, which sourced the mass tension and unease.

It wasn't enough to justify staying in the timeline for long though. Even though many people were upset, angry, and frustrated, the mass amount of hope they had in their Queen and in each other stifled the negative feelings.

They were still there, of course, but it was difficult to find and was even more difficult for Nightmare to use. He adored causing chaos across cities and feeling the fear and panic, but my god was it difficult to keep consistent.

He tapped his foot impatiently, if someone wasn't going to walk past him with some intense feelings then he was just going to leave. He didn't have the time for this.

He sunk deeper into the shadows as a portal opened up to his right. He was pressed up against the wall to Muffet's and he ceased his breathing.

Snow crunched underneath a pair of silver and blue heeled boots. Nightmare felt a shiver run up his spine and he had to stop himself from full-on arching his back as Blue trudged past him.

Holy shit. For someone who was part of Dream's little crew of chucklefucks, Blue was incredibly distraught.

Nightmare felt a sly, manic smile creep upon his face. Perhaps he did come to the right place.

He followed Blue into Muffet's, slipping away into the shadows. Muffet knew he had entered, but she didn't do anything. Muffet didn't care about much of anything.

Blue trudged through the bar, keeping his jacket on. His eyes stayed focused on the ground.

Once he reached the bar, he slammed a large bag of gold and simply requested, "I want the strongest thing you've got. Don't stop until I've run out of money."

Muffet gave him a look of concern but took the money anyways. She pulled out a glass and a bottle of hardcore whisky. She filled it up and pushed it towards him.

Blue downed it within a matter of seconds.

Alcohol tolerance is something that can be affected by many things, but Blue had an unusually high tolerance. He wasn't a lightweight by any sense of the word. His brother had been an alcoholic (Nightmare had studied the code of Blue's timeline after Error failed to destroy it entirely) which had contributed to his tolerance.

Nightmare watched in awe as he downed four more drinks before an alcoholic flush started to spread across his face. Even then, Muffet still gave him drinks. She wasn't about to give up that amount of money.

Patience was something Nightmare wasn't particularly good at. He couldn't stand it when people made him wait, who did they think that they were messing with?!

But that wasn't the point. If he wanted to truly soak up all of Blue's negative feelings. He would have to wait. For the perfect moment, when all of his judgment was lost and all of his emotions had free reign over his mind.