EPILOGUE

a pragma

a pragma

~

The young woman scrubbed harshly on the walls of her small home, "There are better ways to spend a Friday." Her eyes squinted to look at the stubborn spot on her wall. 

She grunted as she stood up, "Ethan'll fix it." 

Y/N frowned as she looked at Rose's pack of crayons. The five-year-old decided to let out all her creativity on the woman's newly painted walls. 

She was surprised her house was still intact after a rambunctious child and a clumsy Ethan recently moved in

She frowned when she picked up a glitter-covered prosthetic, Ethan's right hand to be exact. It seemed as if the hand was in the same situation as her walls. She'll have to talk to Rose about arts and crafts on other people's property. 

"Hopefully this can come off with some warm water," she muttered to herself as she walked over to the coffee table to place down the sparkly object. She picked up her bucket of cleaning supplies and walked over to her kitchen, she opened the cabinet under the sink and placed her bucket inside. 

The young woman huffed and fanned herself with her hand, the California heat was starting to get to her. She walked over to the fridge and picked up a bottle of water, her eyes darkened when she saw the calendar taped on the refrigerator. 

Divorce Finalized

She frowned before walking to her living room, she grabbed the remote and turned the TV on, "I should tell Ethan to pay for his own Netflix account," she grumbled, "He's always on my account and messing up my recommended."

She glanced at her watch.

12:22 am

Y/N put on The Office, "Perfect."

🦋

Ethan slowly walked into the comfortable home, he could hear the drone of the airconditioner and was immediately relieved. It was too hot outside. He had been at the gun range with Chris and he couldn't wait to just relax.

He dropped his keys in the small bowl next to the door before he toed off his boots. He could hear the familiar Office theme song from the living room. He shrugged off his olive coat before making his way towards the sound. 

He saw Y/N curled up in a throw blanket and sitting in the corner of the couch. He sat down next to her with a smile, "Hello."

Y/N gave him a small smile, "Hello."

He scooted closer to her and threw his arm around her shoulder. He leaned over and pressed kisses along the outline of her jaw. He could feel the smile on her face.  

"Mm, no," she gently pushed him away when he started leaving kisses down her neck.

Ethan pecked her on her cheek before giving her some space, "Why not?"