CHAPTER FIFTEEN

a plea

a plea

~

Ethan slowly opened his eyes. He was in a snowy field.

Had he finally died?

His heart had been ripped out by the crow woman so that idea wouldn't be too far-fetched.

He shivered and cupped his hands around his mouth, blowing on them. 

"S-So cold," he whispered before standing up and starting to walk. He didn't know where he was going and he didn't know where he was. 

Was he really dead? Did all his efforts to save his daughter mean nothing?

He wasn't even able to make a proper attempt to save Y/N. He owed her his life.

It wasn't long before the cold crept deeper into his being causing him to collapse. He slowly lifted his head and was surprised to see a little girl. He squinted his eyes, "Eveline? How are you here?" 

"You're dead," she chimed in a sing-song voice.    

Ethan's eyes widened.

Dead? He couldn't be dead, he needed to save his daughter and save Y/N. 

And find Mia.

"Miranda... she killed me?" He muttered. 

The young girl chuckled, "Wrong."

"What?" His brows furrowed.  

"It wasn't Miranda who killed you," she walked closer to him, "You've always been dead." 

He listened silently as the girl explained to him what had really happened. He had died at the Baker's house three years ago. 

"Now do you get it?" She chuckled evilly, "Your whole body is made out of mold." 

Ethan looked down at his gooey black hand, he was made out of mold? The mold that he despised. 

"You can't ever see your family again." 

His arms dropped down to his sides. His family? 

"No! Rose and Y/N. I have to save them," he tried crawling to an unknown destination. He didn't know where he was going all he knew was that he needed to find Y/N and Rose.

"You're already dead...dead!" 

Laughs started chiming in all around him. 

He frowned at the sound before using all his will to stand up and face Eveline. His arms shielded his face from the incoming light, "I will save them!" he declared to the child before the bright light consumed him. 

He was plunged into darkness. 

Ethan slowly blinked open his eyes, the room was shaking. He rose up from his reclined position and looked around.