CHAPTER TEN

a proposition

a proposition

~

Y/N walked over the bridge and frowned at the sight that greeted her. A group of Lycans stood outside the castle in the same diverse fashion they were in last time.  

The same Lycan that rode her to the factory was in front of the group on top of its horse. 

She sighed and walked over to its horse allowing it to hoist her up, "Don't make this a habit."

The Lycan grunted in response before it started to ride. 

Y/N started to think about how quickly her life had changed. In two days everything she had ever known was flipped on its head. If someone told her she would be hitching a ride with wolfmen on horses to Heisenberg's factory, she would have laughed in their face. 

Heisenberg told her that the name of the creatures were Lycans and not wolfmen but she couldn't help but forget sometimes.    

She started to wonder how the Lycan stronghold would look, would it consist of caves, or was there buildings. She had never been to the stronghold since it was one of many places that her mother forbid her to go. 

It didn't take long for the group to stop in front of their destination, it was comprised of old stone buildings and pillars.  

She got off the horse and slowly started to walk into the stronghold. She turned around when the Lycan that was riding with her got off its horse and started to follow her. 

She frowned at the creature, "I don't think I'll be needing an escort." 

The creature grunted.

Y/N huffed before continuing on her way, the creature trailing behind her.

🦋

The stronghold felt like a formicary. 

The Lycans seemed to really take on their new animal instincts. There were nests throughout the place along with piles of dead bodies and bones. 

The farther she descended to the structure, the more frustrated she got. Every turn looked the same and she felt like she was going in circles.

Where is Ethan Winters? 

Her little guardian angel had been following her dutifully, making grunts of approval or disapproval at the turns she took yet, she still could not find Ethan. 

She gasped when she saw a Lycan triple her size walk into her view. 

The creature was the largest Lycan she had seen by far and carried a large hammer. The other Lycans around stopped what they were doing and stared quietly at the giant. 

Her eyes widened when the creature started walking in her direction. 

Y/N calmed herself when the creature drew closer and leaned down to stare her in her eyes. The two maintained eye contact until the hammer-wielding creature snorted and backed away from her. 

She stared up at the creature and her eyes widened when it dropped pounds of crystals at her feet. 

"Gift..." its raspy voice croaked out. 

"Uh..." she stared down at the pile of crystals before looking back up at the large Lycan, "This is wonderful but no thank you." 

It growled and gestured to the pile, "Gift."

She sighed before picking a few crystals up and offering the Lycan a smile, "Thank you." 

The young woman continued her search for Ethan. Along the way, various Lycans gifted her with numerous types of trinkets. Crystals, gems, shiny rocks, and other sparkling things.

Y/N couldn't understand why she was getting the treatment she was. She rarely saw Lycans and she hadn't done anything to garner their respect.  

In the end, the 'why' didn't matter. She had more problems and she needed to find him. 

Where are you, Winters?

🦋

She smiled at the thing she picked up, it was a shiny shotgun shell casing. Any other casings were normally in piles and nest so it must have been recent.   

Her bodyguard had wandered off an hour ago after her constant reassurances that she would be okay.

Y/N continued to follow the path and she quickly stumbled upon the man she was looking for.  

She grumbled and marched over to the man, he was carrying a flask, "Ethan!" she growled. 

The man turned around with surprise in his eyes, "Y/N?"

"I'm getting tired of seeing you, Ethan," she crossed her arms and looked at him with a frown, "Do you know how many lives you have destroyed?"

"Not nearly as many lives your siblings took," he answered with an empty glare.  

She sighed and uncrossed her arms, "My siblings haven't been the best but they didn't deserve to be savagely murdered by you," her lips pulled into a tighter frown, "Nor did Luca deserve whatever you did to him." 

Ethan tilted his head, "Luca?"

Y/N rolled her eyes, "Don't act dumb, the man who was in my room."

"I was only in your room once."

She didn't know how to feel about the new information, if it wasn't him then who?

"I'm sorry about your siblings," he gave her a sincere look, "I only want my daughter back and I will get her back at any cost." 

She looked into his eyes, "I want to help you get your daughter back," she gave him a small smile, "that way no one else has to die."