Chapter 16

5 mins before Licita's death.

Nacht and Morgen were waiting for the perfect timing when Yami suddenly contacted them. "Oi dumb twins! Go to where you placed Julius." Yami said. "Why?" Nacht asked. "Julius... I think he can't hold this by himself." Yami replied as the two left the Staria family fighting the Vermillion.

"Are you sure that we should've left big sis Licita like that? She's definitely tired!" Morgen said. "PLEASE MORGEN, I'M CONFUSED AS WELL! I DON'T WANT TO LOSE ANYONE!" Nacht replied as his frustration was obvious. "You guys have lost half of your squad, do you need assistance?" Yuno suddenly appeared behind the twins. "What do you mean half?" Nacht asked.

"Golden Dawn were watching and we can confirm everyone's deaths of the Bulls. Magna, Grey, Finral, Gauche, 2 Henrys, Vanessa." Yuno said. "And it seems that Asta and Licita are struggling with Mereoleona." Yuno added. "Let's end this war. We'll get Julius and we'll retreat, for now." Nacht said as the Golden Dawn appeared.

Present time

An intense stare down was held. Julius was staring down the Zogratis Trio as the three did the same. They activated their quinques and Julius used his kakuja. "No wonder he's an SSS class, he has a kakuja, a complete one." Dante said. "Nozel babe, support us from the back please." Vanica said as she smooched Nozel's cheeks. "WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO KISS ME?" Nozel asked. "None, I just wanted to do it, hehe." Vanica replied.

An armor like quinque was applied to the three they had a scythe, a sword and a spear as their weapons.

Scythe=Vanica
Sword=Dante
Spear=Zenon

The equipment of the armor gave them a little pain. Dante and Zenon flinched but Vanica moaned. "THE PAIN! UGH IT TURNS ME ON! THE QUINQUE WANTS TO BE MY FRIEND!" Vanica said and Nozel was just embarrassed. "THIS WOMAN IS CRAZY!" Nozel said while looking at Vanica. Vanica played with her scythe but Julius didn't give them time. Julius sent hundred of scales towards them and the three deflected it.

Nozel sent an energy ball towards Julius and it hit. Julius was sent back as Zenon poked Julius. Julius flinched and Dante jumped on Zenon and sliced him on the torso and managed to wound him. Julius tried to create distance but Vanica used Dante's body as her boost to cut Julius' right arm. Julius was surprised with the teamwork as he made his arm grow again.

Julius was about to counter attack when he was hit by an energy ball from Nozel again. "Tch, investigators are annoying nowadays." Julius said as the three tried their best to kill Julius with many combos.

Zenon threw his spear which pierced Julius leg but it regenerated in an instant. Julius managed to land a strong hit on Zenon blasting him a few meters. "We need to finish this faster!" Dante said and Vanica nodded. Dante and Vanica was about to land a synergy attack when the quinque's drawback hit them.

Dante flinched and dropped his sword while Vanica was laughing. "STOP IT! I'LL MAKE FRIENDS WITH YOU LATER!" Vanica shouted as she picked up Dante's sword and started to dual wield. Vanica managed to keep up with Julius but Julius had the upper hand. Julius smacked Vanica away but Vanica managed to throw Dante's sword back to the original owner.

Dante caught it and sliced Julius' legs. Julius dropped to the ground but he regenerated it. "STOP REGENERATING FOR FUCK'S SAKE!" Dante shouted as he was about to get hit by Julius. Dante saw Zenon's spear as he kicked it towards Zenon. Julius landed a punch on Dante but was hit by Zenon's spear in an instant.

"THESE THREE ARE STRONG! AS EXPECTED OF MY BROTHER!" Julius said. Vanica stood up and punched Julius head on. She was caught by Julius but Dante cut Julius' arm. Julius was furious as he shouted but he was hit by another energy ball by Nozel. "NICE SUPPORT, BABE!" Vanica shouted but Nozel facepalmed. "I AM NOT YOUR BABE!" Nozel replied.

The triad wanted to finish it already because the drawback of the quinque was starting to bother them so much so they did something risky.

Zenon stabbed Julius again and Dante did the same. "You think you'll get me with that repeated trick?" Julius asked as he advanced his attack to the air and was expecting Vanica to come out but Zenon was the one who appeared. "GET TRICKED, OLD MAN!" Zenon shouted as he was pierced to death.

Vanica appeared below and was smiling. "HOW DOES IT FEEL? THE FEELING OF GETTING KILLED BY YOUR FAVORITE NIECE!?" Vanica asked. "I can't deflect that attack anymore... You lived by your words. You definitely became a strong woman, Nica. Same goes to you two, Dante and Zenon." Julius said as the Scythe of Vanica sliced Julius in half.

Yami tried to catch up to the fight but he failed. He was angry, he was there but he had a slow reaction time. He got there at the same time with the twins and the Golden Dawn. Yami picked up Julius' body and ran away with it. The twins bought time as they fought the remaining Zogratis. Nozel was angry as well, he wanted to get Julius' kakuhou but it would be impossible since Julius is at the hands of the bulls.

Nacht sent a message to all.
"Retreat to Saussy, we'll reassemble there." Nacht said via a voice message to the living ghouls (Yuno confirmed the deaths.)

Asta opened his comms as he rushed towards Saussy for him to rest. Noelle wanted to attack him but she couldn't. "I... Love Asta... I can't kill him." Noelle said as she was having tantrums. "ARGH GOD PLEASE TAKE MY LIFE!" Noelle shouted.

"Stupid Zenon, he didn't need to sacrifice himself." Vanica said as the siblings took off their quinque. Their body was sweating so hard and it was reddish all around. "Thanks for your service, Zogratis siblings." Nozel said. "Babe... I want to work as a ghoul investigator!" Vanica said as she hugged Nozel. "DON'T TOUCH ME! YOU'RE SO SWEATY!" Nozel said and Vanica laughed.

"You'll be a ghoul investigator if you stop calling me babe."
"Darling."
"Not darling as well."
"Bubs?"
"Not bubs as well."
"Honey?"
"PLEASE STOP WITH YOUR NICKNAMES!"
"I'm just teasing, Nozel... But if you want t-"
"No."

"We need to search for Noelle, she was brought by Mereo." Dante said. "By the way... How is Mereo doing?" Nozel asked.

They were in the helicopter with a broken Noelle. "Noelle sweetie, what happened? You were in a hard to spot place!" Vanica said.

"Mereo was killed by Shadow, that bastard." Noelle said as everyone was shocked.

"This will make Shadow an SSS class I guess. That mofo killed the strongest investigator." Dante said. "Tch, he killed my cousins. That is not forgivable, I'll avenge them." Nozel said with a tear. "By the way sweetie, that must've been a hard fought battle by Shadow and Miss Mereo! Do you have information about Shadow? I'm sure you saw what's behind his mask." Vanica said.

"I can't see Shadow's face. He hid his face so well." Noelle lied.

The arc has ended. Expect the updates to be quite slower coz I'll be updating Clover High. Love y'all, Godbless and Peace Out!
-Minami