Chapter 30

"What did you just say? You nasty little werewolf!" Klaus flashed his golden eyes at Hope and his vampire features popped up around his eyes. He was ready to attack, but Freya held him with magic in his place, unable to move. Hope heard Lizzie laugh in the background.

"You are crazy. How could he even have a child? And by the way I am very lucky indeed that he is my stepfather. At least he is defending me from bullies like you!" Lizzie added with an evil laugh.

"What was your daughter's name again?" Hope ignored Lizzie and took a step closer to Klaus. Grace grabbed her arm, trying to pull her back from the vicious hybrid. She surely thought her sister was crazy to provoke Klaus when he almost killed her.

"Hope!" Grace yelled at her as she yanked her arm, but Hope just brushed her off and took one more step closer. Hope raised one eyebrow as she looked directly in his eyes. Klaus looked at Grace suddenly. He surely heard Hope's name around and it wasn't an uncommon name that he would think she was his daughter, but now, as Grace said it Hope could see the shift in his eyes. He heard the name loud and clear that was given to her at birth. Hope stared at him with cold eyes. He wouldn't look at her, but he retrieved his vampire veins and wolf eyes immediately. Hope followed his stare and he was looking at Freya now. He had questions in his eyes that he didn't want to ask, surely not in front of Hope. His look softened as he stared at his sister but not a glance at Hope. He looked as he was pleading and then Hope heard Freya mumbling a spell. As soon as she finished, Klaus took a step backward. Freya must have let him go. Hope's heart was pounding in her ear. She wanted Klaus to find out she was his daughter. She wanted him to feel guilty for what he just did... but what if he wouldn't? What if he wouldn't care who Hope was because he already had a daughter... and Hope was just the nasty werewolf who hurt his daughter? He probably gave up on Hope a long time ago, he replaced her. How foolish was Hope to assume he would care who he just strangled almost to death. Hope flushed and felt really embarrassed. She could feel the tears gathering in the corner of her eyes. Just a look would tell so much. Hope wanted to scream at him. 'Just look at me damn it!' But she was afraid to speak. He never looked. Instead, he turned around and stormed off running with vampire speed to the woods.

"Klaus!" Freya yelled after him and took off running after her brother. Hope looked at Landon and Grace with a disappointed look, tears still hanging in her eyes. Landon rushed to her and hugged her.

"What's going on?" Grace asked rightfully confused. Hope held Landon tight, but she had to keep it together.

"I have to talk to Grace." Hope whispered in his ears. Landon pulled away and nodded with an understanding smile.

"Grace, you coming?" Lizzie asked in a bored tone as she walked towards Grace with perfectly healthy legs. Grace looked at Lizzie with a really pissed expression. Her wolf eyes flashed with its golden colors and she ran to Lizzie with a violent growl.

"Give me that fucking bracelet!" Grace yelled in a threatening voice, as her hands started to turn and the sharp wolf claws bursted out from under her skin. It surely hurt her, but she didn't show it. First Lizzie looked baffled, then fear creeped up on her face. She quickly took off the bracelet and threw it on the ground, before she took off running. "By the way, we are over!" Grace yelled after her with anger. She picked up the bracelet from the ground, walked to Hope and handed it to her sister. "I'm sorry, Hope"

"I'm sorry too." Hope said as she clicked the bracelet on her wrist, then she hugged Grace as tight as she could.

"I forgive you for everything, but you have to forgive me too. I was so stupid for not beliving you. I will always choose you, I swear." Grace begged as she was hugging her sister.