Chapter 3

Trigger warning for this chapter!!!

There will be some indication of the intention of rape. Nothing graphic or no detailed description, but if you know it could possibly be a trigger, please skip this chapter. You'll understand the story and what's going on if you just continue with the next one.

It was early in the morning and Grace was walking to town. She followed Hope's path. Hope drew a bunch of perfect maps about the area, there was no way Grace could be lost, even if she'd never made this distance all by herself. She felt happy and free. She couldn't believe her older sister finally agreed to let her go. She felt so adult walking alone, to have an adventure. She was full of plans and excitement. She wasn't going to stray that much from Hope's rules... but it was her birthday. She thought she deserved this day for herself and she decided to treat herself with something special for the occasion.

The long walk wasn't even tiring, it was refreshing. She walked with wonder in town. Everything was new and amazing. She could barely remember when she actually got to spend some time among other people than her siblings. She walked down the main street of the town. It was full of little shops and cafes. She really wanted to buy some new clothes for herself. The ones Hope brought her wasn't exactly her style... to be honest, Hope had an awful style and she didn't give a crap about clothing and such. But Grace thought otherwise. She wanted to be pretty and if she'd had enough time she would definitely go to have her hair done too.... she thought as she was walking by a hair salon. She had to be done in an hour, and some extra clothes shopping would definitely fit her time.

As Grace walked down the main street, she noticed Hope's painting in one of the windows. It was the art gallery where she sold her paintings. Grace never thought too much about those paintings, Hope usually painted the woods and trees and Grace saw the forest plenty enough so she wouldn't really care for the paintings. But seeing it in that fancy setting gave her a new appreciation for her sister's talent.

She walked by a shop with the most stylish clothes she ever saw being displayed. She entered the store and she greeted the saleswoman politely, who returned the gesture. She picked out some really pretty shirts. Hope would never think to buy something like that. She tried them on and she loved the way it fitted her body. She bought a couple of shirts and new jeans. She was so happy, she couldn't wait to wear the new stuff. She quickly found a gas station in town where she changed in the bathroom. The bathroom was disgusting, but she felt so much better and cleaner in the new clothes. She quickly checked how much money she had left for groceries. Hope would probably yell at her and not because she got some clothes, but because she went to a shop and the gas station which wasn't on Hope's list. She could've bought clothes from the supermarket, where Hope gets them usually but they looked really lame. Hope gave her enough money, she didn't worry about that, she probably expected Grace to spend more for her birthday, anyway. When Grace exited the bathroom, she walked by a weird looking guy who was filling his tank. He looked up and down Grace which made her really uncomfortable. She quickly looked away, trying to ignore him as she walked away from the station as fast as she could.

"Need a ride sweetheart?" The guy asked in a disturbing tone. Grace ignored him and ran to the supermarket. Luckily she got there fast, quickly forgetting that asshole.

She shopped for everything on Hope's list. After she paid, she stuffed her backpack and another bag with the goodies. It wasn't easy, she kinda already dreaded the long walk home with all the baggage she had. She walked back on main street, then back to the edge of town where she disappeared in the woods. She was proud of herself. She was in good time, she got everything Hope wanted and she made a little time for herself as well.

Grace was walking in the woods for a little while, when she heard footsteps from behind. She stopped as soon as she heard she was not alone. She couldn't let anyone know that they were living in the forest. She turned to see where the noise came from. At first she didn't see anyone, then a man stepped out from behind a tree and started walking towards Grace. She recognized the man. It was the guy from the gas station. He had a disturbing smile on his face.

"I told you I can give you a ride. It must be heavy with all those bags. At least let me help you." He said as he was closing up to Grace.

"No, thank you!" Grace replied in a determined tone.

"Come on sweetheart, don't be so stubborn." The man came real close to her. She just froze. She knew she should've ran as soon as she noticed the man, but she didn't want to go back to the cabin and let someone accidently trail her tracks... but she couldn't turn back to the town either. The man reached for her face and caressed it with his rough hand. It made Grace sick and she pushed his hand away with force.

"Don't ever touch me again, cause you'll regret it." She threatened the man. Grace was sure Hope could take him, she was right, her wolf made her so much stronger but Grace wasn't too sure of herself anymore. She knew how to fight. She had training with her parents from an early age and after they passed away, she kept training with Hope... but he was so much bigger than her. The man laughed at her.

"Are you trying to scare me little girl? You are all alone in the woods." He laughed then he pulled out a pocket knife and opened it, holding it up to Grace's face. "Just do as I say and I won't hurt you."

"You should leave before you get yourself hurt!" Grace kept up a brave face but she was truly scared inside. The man laughed again and he pushed Grace to the ground. The weight of the heavy backpack and the bag in her hands pulled her down immediately. She dropped the bag and all the stuff from it scattered around the cold ground. The man kneeled beside her and held her down so she couldn't get up, but Grace kicked him in the stomach by force and it made him stumble back. She tried to get up, but he grabbed her by her left leg and stabbed his knife into her calf. It made her cry out with pain. He smiled at her viciously as he pushed her down to the ground and climbed on top of her, forcing her down with his knees. She could barely breathe, she felt like she was going to die. She could feel his hand at her waistline, touching her skin. Grace turned her head to the side, she wasn't able to watch his disgusting face as he was touching her bare skin. Then she saw it... the knife. He was so sure he was going to get away with his plans that he totally abandoned his knife. She could easily reach it. She grabbed it and without thinking about it she slashed the man's throat, sprouting blood all over her face and clothes. He fell right on top of Grace as he was holding onto his neck. She pushed him off as she watched him bleed to death. Grace sat there next to him for a while, unable to move. When she decided to finally get up, she fell back to the ground with glowing yellow eyes. She knew, next full moon would be her turn.