Chapter 11

It was their first night at the Salvatore school. Grace and Hope got a huge room to share. It was a beautiful room, they never got to spend a night in such fancy circumstances. Hope never slept in such a big and comfortable bed all alone. Since she was a little child, she always shared a bed with her sister. It was so lonely even though her sister slept right there in the same room with her. Hope could see her clearly, she could hear her breathing, and still... the bed felt too cold without her. She wasn't able to sleep, she wasn't even able to close her eyes. Hope thought about her little siblings. She spent the rest of her day with them, making sure they had everything they needed. They seemed to be okay. Riley was very excited about everything, but Jack was hesitant... Hope wasn't sure if he understood what was going on. He was still waiting for them to return home, to their cabin. Ms. Tig wanted to separate the kids, put Riley in a girls room and Jack in a boys room. She said it was regulation, but Hope begged her not to separate them on the first night, Jack would surely not sleep anything. The foreign environment would be enough change for him for the first day, so Emma agreed for them to share a room for a little while. Hope couldn't stop her worry, she just tossed and turned in her bed.

She didn't only worry about her siblings this time. She didn't need much, she really didn't... but the only thing that would keep her sane was her wolf runs. Turning in a cell surely wouldn't satisfy her needs. She needed to run, to feel the fresh air in her lungs and the dirt under her feet...paws. She needed to feel the freedom at least sometimes... and she definitely needed to get that building rage released from time to time. Although beating up Rafael helped a bit, it wouldn't be a long term solution. Hope thought about Rafael's brother, Landon... god he was infuriating. How dare he speak to her like that? Probably that was what the whole school thought. Wolves are ferals and filthy as Lizzie insulted her home. And even within the wolf pack, they looked at the Crescents as different, not truly wolves. Hope hated this school... hated everything about it and she missed their home. She missed her sister next to her, and she missed her little siblings right next to her room. They were so far away, Hope would never hear them if they would cry. And that's how Hope spent her night. Spiraling thoughts about everything that was wrong about this school. She regretted everything. They should've just stayed home. It was safe and they had everything they needed... Hope was thinking about what she was going to do the next day. She was planning to focus on finding out everything she could about her parents, this tribrid and the reason they were killed. That huge library should have some answers. If she would end up empty handed by the end of the day, she would take her siblings and go back to their cabin where they had peace. That was her plan for the day.

Hope got out of bed with the rising sun and took a hot shower in the common girl's bathroom. The hot water streaming down her skin felt incredibly good. She stood under the shower longer than she actually needed. She would probably miss this if they were going back to the cabin. She put on her uniform, which she received from the school. She didn't do any extra styling like her sister did, she just wore the uniform skirt with dark blue tights. For her top, she wore a white blouse with a dark blue cardigan with the S on her chest for the Salvatore school.

Later she headed down to the dining hall with Grace, to grab some breakfast. They were both stunned by the selection of food. There were sweet pastries, fruits, pancakes, bacon, every kind of breakfast food they could imagine and even a smoothie bar. It was pretty amazing, Hope didn't have to deal with making food every day and making sure they had everything and the kids got all necessary nutrients they needed. Hope grabbed herself a cup of tea and a plate with some pancakes and fruits and headed to an empty table with Grace. Soon they noticed the lower school kids entering the dining hall. As soon as Jack noticed them, he ran to his sisters and hugged both Grace and Hope. Even though the teachers were very helpful with the little ones, Hope grabbed some food for both Jack and Riley and she made them sit with her and Grace at their table. They were chatting for a while, she asked them how their night was and how they slept... it turned out everyone had a soundless night and they slept peacefully like babies. It was only Hope who had a hard time adjusting. While they were eating and talking, Raf came up to their table with a couple other wolves.