(062.) THE WELL-NEEDED APOLOGY

CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO. ✧ ೃ༄
❝ THE WELL-NEEDED APOLOGY. ❞

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"I don't wanna go, Miss Maira."

Angelica was currently whining to the maid, her eyebrows furrowed as she pouted like a child. She was holding onto her phone tightly while the other gripped the fork that she was using to eat, clearly not happy about what's going to happen.

"You have to," Miss Maira tried to reassure her as best as she could, eyeing the bags under the girl's eyes from lack of sleep. "Now, just remember that you have that sleepover today, so... Just focus on the fact that as soon as you're finished there, you are going to the store to buy junk food."

"That's true," Angelica mused, nodding as she squinted her eyes, grabbing the tortilla Miss Maira gave her to eat the scrambled eggs with. "Fine. Let me quickly eat this and I'll head on over there."

Silence invaded the two other than the music Miss Maira had put on so she could cook and clean. Angelica kept spacing off, wondering what they will talk about. I mean, she's had therapy and she had the best therapist who did help her a lot, so then why was she nervous? Well, her mom was going to be there and Angelica has never told her mom at all what she felt.

"Alright," Angelica stood up, going to wash her dish before the older woman took it away from her. "But, I need to wash—"

"No, you're slacking, go."

Angelica groaned and grabbed her keys, walking towards the door and shuffling her feet. She turned around and waved goodbye at Miss Maira before ascending down the stairs of the front house, quickly getting into her car.

As she drove to the clinic which, surprisingly, allowed her mom and therapist to be in the same room, she quickly checked in and waited nervously, leg shaking up and down. She played with her hands, roughly hurting her skin as if to distract her, hoping the seat she was sitting on would swallow her.

"Victoria?"

Perking you at her real name being called, the girl smiled at the nurse under her mask. The nurse led the girl towards the room her mom and therapist were in and watched nervously as the nurse knocked on the door.

"Come in."

The nurse opened the door and let Angelica go first before turning to leave. Angelica stood in front of her mom's therapist and her mom, puffing her cheeks out of awkwardness. She looked around and nodded.

"Cool place," she commented.

The therapist nodded, a chuckle escaping her lips. "Nice to meet you, Victoria. My names Nicole and I was the one who you spoke on the phone with?"

Angelica nodded. "Kind of figured. You are here."

"Yeah," Nicole chuckled again before gesturing for the girl to sit. "So, the reason I told your mom to call you is because I noticed from your mom and siblings stories that you were the one that suffered the most."