(045.) CLOUD WATCHING AT 5 PM

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE. ✧ ೃ༄
❝ CLOUD WATCHING AT 5 PM. ❞

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Look, that ones shaped like a dick with, like, a bunny or something on top of it."

"No it doesn't!"

"I know, but it made you laugh, didn't it?"

Angelica and Dream found themselves laying down on the grass of the backyard again, staring at the afternoon sky that, surprisingly, still had clouds surrounding it.

It was the day after Angelica broke down heavily in front of Dream and the two had woken up in each other's arms. Dream had woken up first and brought her a strawberry shortcake that she immediately devoured even though it was early in the morning.

"I always thought clouds were like cotton candy," Angelica breathed out and Dream turned to look at her, craning his neck so he could take a better look at the way the clouds she was looking at were reflecting in her eyes.

She told him, he remembered, the she didn't usually like her eyes because they were the same, brown color as majority of the people. But she later told him that she started liking them when she would read fanfictions of Andy something and the main character had brown eyes. Dream couldn't remember the singer's name. He just remembered that his last name rhymed with "ball sack" which usually made him laugh.

"Every time I think about cotton candy," Dream started, "it reminds me of that character from "Inside Out." He made me cry."

"Wasn't his name, like, Bing Bong?" Angelica gasped, turning to look at the dirty blonde and he nodded enthusiastically. "God, that movie made me cry. Especially when Riley just..."

"Yeah, it made me cry, too."

They laid down in silence, their breathing matching each other's.

Angelica had to admit, she liked these moments where they laid in complete silence. One would usually not be able to handle such long silence, but she and Dream adored it because they put on music and heard the callings of birds or cars honking. She enjoyed this silence. It was serene, especially with how she had been feeling the past two days.

Yesterday, she finally let out everything she had been keeping inside, and she was just grateful, in general, that despite him not returning her feelings, he didn't make it awkward like most usually would. He still treated her like before. He treated her like a friend, a best friend. They've known each other since the beginning of their careers where they immediately blew up. They hated each other, they hated just hearing each other's voices. But now, God, now, Angelica wants to always listen to Dream's voice. His voice was very soothing and relaxing.

"What happened to you teaching kids volleyball?" Dream broke their silence.

"A kid got Covid from his parents," Angelica answered. "They decided to cancel it for now especially since two other kids got it, too."

"Will you ever teach me how to play volleyball?" Dream smirked down at her and she looked off with a smirk forming on her own lips. He immediately shook his head, waving her off as his own smirk vanished. "Never mind. I feel like you'll hit me with the ball."

"I would," Angelica snickered.

Silence.

"Have you ever told your mom about how you felt?" Dream asked again, interrupting her thoughts.

Angelica snorted. "No, because she would say I'm exaggerating. I don't speak to her about any of this."

"Do you ever think she'd come around?"

"Honestly," Angelica let out a deep sigh, shaking her head while wrapping the blanket around her tighter when the wind picked up, "I don't know. My mom has her days when she really loves me, but I always remember what she did to me. What she and my dad did to me."

"Hey," Dream grabbed her hand, clasping it between his own. His hands enveloped her own, rubbing her skin as he saw the tears forming in her eyes, "it's okay. You don't need to talk about it. We can talk about why you love strawberry shortcakes."

"I like them because my parents gave me desserts at a young age when I would do something right," Angelica smiled a little. "They would start bringing in strawberry shortcakes since my mom worked at a bakery and the manager loved me as a daughter."

"Huh," Dream chuckled a little, turning to lay on his side so he can look down at her. He raised his hand to her hair, bringing a whole chunk of it in front of her face. Angelica groaned, swatting his hand away while taking her other hand out of the blanket to fix her hair. "Aw, come on. You looked nice."

"You couldn't see my face," Angelica gave him a look.

"Exactly," Dream smirked, pinching her nose that immediately had her slapping his hand away from her face. He held his hand with the other hand that was still clutching to hers. "Ow! My hand!"

"That hurt, idiot," Angelica whined, trying to soothe her reddened nose before clutching his own nose. Dream immediately yelped, tilting his head back so she could let go. She let go.

"That hurt!" He exclaimed next, rubbing his skin with the hand that was slapped. "What the hell? I didn't do it that hurt."

"Don't say that," Angelica started wheezing as soon as she heard his last words. Dream started laughing along with her, confused at what she was referring to before dying of laughter when he registered his own words.

"I didn't mean for it to sound like that," Dream breathed out, still laughing. "You are so dirty-minded. It didn't even sound wrong."

"If I said that wouldn't it sound wrong if I said it?" Angelica gave him a pointed look and he snorted, nodding his head in confirmation. "I was tagged in this thread on Twitter where there were a ton of clips where we spoke without thinking about our words. Our fans thought we had, like, hate sex because of the remarks you would tell me."

"What the hell?" Dream lowly chuckled, his thumb mindlessly rubbing her skin while he continued staring at her laughing.

"Yes!" Angelica laughed. "Especially our tweets. You told me to shut up before you made me."

"Well, yeah," Dream playfully rolled his eyes. "You were talking back."

"Shut up! You're making it sound kinky!"

"You're making it sound like that!" Dream yelled back, tilting his head to the side while a grin spread on his lips. "I just told you to shut up before I made you quiet down."

"Why's aren't you fucking listening to your words? They sound so wrong!"

"No, they don't!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Finally updated!!!

Also, I'm talking on
Discord and I'm going to
make my mod reenact a
chapter of this book with
me. They're currently
re-enacting their favorite
book right now while I'm
updating this.

Also, I revealed a snippet
of the angst on my discord, too.

Another also, I have something
for artists that I'm planning so if
you want to listen and know about
it, head over to my "podcast"