(058.) PHONE CALL REASSURANCE

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT. ✧ ೃ༄
❝ PHONE CALL REASSURANCE. ❞

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Much like Dream, Angelica was crying.

God, just having seen his face reminded her of what happened. She should've expected it, though. She was standing by his parents house, but watching him and eyeing him didn't soothe pain in her chest. No. It increased the pain as if it was paint spreading. Her chest was filled with blue.

"Are you okay?" Karl's voice snapped her out of her trance as she watched a movie. She was currently on the phone with him since his presence alone soothed her. "I will drive to your house right this instant and I will give you a big hug."

Angelica chuckled a little, wiping her tears while a pained look overtook the cheerful one she tried to maintain.

"Crying over a boy?" Angelica snorted, dropping her hands by her sides as her phone rested by her chest, finding no use in wiping away the tears if new ones quickly replaced the old ones. "Ew, disgusting."

"No, yeah," Karl hummed, listening to his friend, "crying over a boy is totally disgusting. Ew. Imagine?"

"Karl, you were crying last time I wasn't responding to your messages," Corpse spoke, having been listening to his friends. Karl scoffed, spluttering out excuses while Angelica and Corpse giggled simultaneously, clearly finding their friend flustered amusing.

"Shut up, Corpse," Karl dramatically sniffed. "That's 'cause I love you."

"I love you, too, Karl," Corpse snickered and Angelica smiled, watching the TV in her room. She was currently re-watching New Girl and was on the first episode of the whole entire series. She watched as Jess cried watching Dirty Dancing and Angelica could only laugh, knowing she would be like that, too, if it weren't for her friends speaking with her.

Corpse, as if feeling what she felt, had immediately called her as soon as she entered her home. He quickly checked up on her and Angelica could only sob on the phone as she told him what had happened between her and Dream. Having experienced his own fair share of heartbreaks, Corpse reassured her as best as he could over the phone, saddened to hear the sad noises that escaped her lips.

"How do you feel about Dream, Ang?" Karl slowly asked, making sure he wasn't going to set her off.

"I love him," the girl breathed out. "I've never experienced such strong feelings, but... I lost him. I don't care that he doesn't return my feelings, I don't care about that. I just-I just... I lost him as a friend. We became such great friends and we just stop being friends in a matter of seconds by one single act. That's what hurts the most."

"Did you feel like he was your soulmate?"

"What type of questions is that, Karl?" Corpse giggled at his friends words and Angelica couldn't help but do so, too.

"What? I totally believe in that. Like, platonic and romantically. For example, you two are my platonic soulmates."

"Aw, Karl," Angelica pouted at hearing her friend's words that now made new tears form in her eyes. "You sap."

"Speaking the truth, sunshine. Now, answer my question."

Angelica sighed. "When I saw him, God, I was annoyed. His presence annoyed the crap out of me just because. I never knew why, either. As he started being there, as he started being there for me, I saw him a friend. We told secrets. We told each other everything. I trusted him. He made sure I ate, I was okay, even when I felt alone, he made sure I knew I wasn't because he was there reading to me or we were watching movies. He understood me."

"He sounds like he did a great job being there."

"He did," Angelica nodded, smiling as a few tears escaped her eyes. "He did. Even when I felt like I didn't matter or like I was such a disappointment, he made sure I knew I wasn't those. We started developing this... thing. We had our own thing, and that was laying under the stars or having late car rides. He even made me feel safe. He made me feel like I was in a safe place to cry where I would not be made fun of. I started liking him because he saw me as me, you know? He understood me and I-I knew. I don't know what a soulmate specifically is but... When he held me during my worst, for the first time in my life I felt like I finally belonged somewhere, as cliche as it sounds."

The two listened to her and Angelica stayed quiet, sniffing. She covered her face, keeping her mouth shut to keep in the sobs threatening to escape her mouth so she wouldn't worry her friends.

"Wow," Karl squeaked out and she could hear his own sniffles. "That was beautiful, holy... I... Dream is your soulmate."

"Damn," Corpse let out a deep sigh. "That hit."

"I do miss him," Angelica nodded against her hands, making sure they weren't covering her mouth. "When I saw him today, I-I just... He looked so happy and I wondered if he even missed me at all."

Karl let out a small gasp. "No, Ang. Why are you doing this to me? No!"

"Are you crying?" Angelica chuckled, listening to her friend.

"It's just," Karl started, "you two are just... You two ended up hating each other, to being there for one another, to comforting the other, and to being friends. Now..."

"It's fucked up," Angelica sniffed. "I know. I always think about him. It's been almost two weeks. Can you believe that? Two weeks. I really thought the pain would leave, but... I didn't know it was possible for it to increase."

"We're going to be here for you, A," Corpse breathed out, wiping his own tears on his end. "Seriously. Many would think we're exaggerating, but... This is your first heartbreak? We can call like it that, right?"

"I would," Karl hummed.

"Thanks, guys," Angelica smiled a little, letting the tears flow from her eyes before she felt her throat clog up again at remembering every memory again. "Hey, can I call you later?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Okay, thanks, guys. Bye, love you."

"Love you, Ang."

"Love you more, sunshine!"

Hanging up, Angelica headed towards the audio she had been listening, eyes prickling with tears. She knew it wasn't healthy listening to it, but... It did bring her comfort. It comforted her in some type of way.

"Angelica looks very beautiful. She just showed me her face."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'm on Discord so let's talk
about this chapter and how
I cried for real this time while
writing it 🥲

The link for the server is on
my message board since I
know some of you will ask <3