Chapter 15

Diana

I put my clothes back on when the sun had set and everything was beginning to get dark. They were a bit damp in some areas but I didn't mind it at all, at least I have my clothes on before sleeping tonight. Before I went back inside the cabin, a cold chill ran up my spine and touched my body making me shiver slightly. I rubbed my hands on my arms but my teeth started to clatter suddenly making my whole body to feel cold. I frowned as I slowly made my way back inside and smiled in relief when I saw parker lighting up the candles and placing it on the spot where we've left it the other day.

I quickly sat down on my sheets on the floor and pulled my knees up to my chin before rocking myself back and forth, hoping I would start feeling warmer. Parker sat down by my side and looked at me with concern.

"You okay Diana?" I quickly nod my head.

"I'm okay." I mentally slapped myself on the forehead when my voice came out all wobbly and shaky, making him frown even deeper at me.

"No, you're not." He suddenly touched my arm, and I felt the faint electric sensation just from the warmth of his hand. He starts to shift closer towards me.

"You're freezing." He confirms in a whisper and pulled my jacket closer to me but it would've helped me a lot if it wasn't damp a little on the inside.

My body starts to shake uncontrollably making my teeth clatter loudly as well, which I longer have control of. I wanted to panic because this is actually the first time I got sick ever since we got here but I knew that panicking too much won't do me any good.

"I seriously have no idea what to do right now, so please just tell what to do so I can help you!" Parker suddenly exclaimed, startling me a little.

"H-h-heat.....I need to stay w-warm."

I don't even know why I even said that to him when I knew that there's nothing to keep me warm but, parker had other ideas. He looked at the candle, then looks back at me, he grabbed the candle and placed it in between us and warmed his hands over the flame. Before I could even ask what he was trying to do, he placed his warmed up palms on my arms and rubbed them up and down. I was staring at him the whole time he continued to do that, making me smile in relief that I had him by my side all this time and turns out, he's actually quite smart with what he's doing.

My skin started to feel warmer for a little bit making me close my eyes and sighed.

"This isn't helping much, we have to try something else." I looked back at him and quickly racked my brain to come up with something fast but, my mind was blank and my body is starting to shake so incredibly fast and I started to feel cold even more.

I hugged my knees closer and put my chin on my knees before looking at parker again and found him already staring back at me with a blank look on his face.

"I don't think you're gonna like this idea." I frowned at him.

"W-w-what?" He pursed his lips and sighed out loud, like he's having trouble telling me what he was planning to tell.

He looks back at me straight in the eye and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"I've read it somewhere that, creating heat between two human bodies can actually help in this type of situation." My eyes widen in realization.

"No...please don't tell me that we have to-"

"We're not doing it naked though!" He quickly interrupted me.

He was right, I wasn't gonna like this idea. At all.

But if this is what it takes to get through the night and live for another day, then I have no other choice but to let this happen. Besides, it's just parker.

Just......parker.

I literally stopped breathing when he suddenly moved me back so I can lie down, with his hands on my shoulders, lightly pushing me back. When I'm finally lying down, he was hovering right on top of me and staring deeply into my eyes and the whole thing that was about to happen started making me feel nervous.

"Take your jacket off." He murmured lowly, his voice thick and gruff making me swallowed tightly before I removed my jacket.

He sat upright and swiftly took off his shirt, revealing his lean body and rock hard abs underneath. My thoughts were scrambled all over the place and my heart was hammering against my chest like crazy. He lay right next to me, his chest against my left shoulder and just the close proximity between us was enough to generate heat to my whole body.

"Turn around." He suddenly whispers the words in my ear, his breath lightly fanning the side of my face.

I turned on my left side to face him and our eyes automatically locks. He wrapped an arm around me without warning, and a small gasp escaped from my lips when he pulls me in close to his chest. His arm tightens around me, and it took me a few seconds to bring my hand up against his chest, feeling the warmth of his skin against the cool palm of my hand.

"Is it helping?" His question quickly snaps me out of the daze and I slowly looked up at him and nod my head a little.

"Yeah." He smiled back down at me.

"Good, cos like it or not we're gonna stay this way till you get better." My face starts to heat up after hearing what he just said.

Being like this in parker's arms till morning?!

Oh, my god..

"Thanks by the way, for doing this for m-me." He pulled me even closer, my head under his chin and I could feel him nodding his head.

"Trust me, I'd do anything for you from now on just so I wouldn't lose you too. I've lost too many people already." I frowned in confusion and looks up at him again.

"What do you mean by that?" He smiled down at me.

"We're partners now and we're in this together no matter what. So partners do anything for each other till we make it out of here alive, no matter what."