Chapter 13: Right Now

"Denny what in the world are you doing here, how might I add are you here, and who are they, hi Alissa" he greeted. I rolled my eyes

"Oh like you don't know Mr I work for Area 50 freakin 1" I scolded back as I helped him up "excuse me missy but I'm not the one In trouble, you are" he huffed. I shook my head and raised an eye brow "tell that to your psychopath of a boss after he kills and try's to take another blood sample" I told.

Dad's face turned deadly serious "why would he take blood" he questioned, I wasn't going explain anything and he could see it "Denny this is serious, why did he take blood from you" he asked now with a more dire toned voice. I starred nervously at him till I was shot in the back, I fell forward as Alissa put a force filed around us. I couldn't feel my legs and knew that my spine was damaged, my vision blurred and sounds muffled "I, I can't feel my legs, they must have shot me with some thing else" I managed to say. Jaxon yanked something out of my neck, a tranquilliser of some sort "we, need, to go, now" I huffed. Jaxon picked me up before my dad could and we ran with my farther directing us. Blackness started to make me drowsy and I was rendered unconscious.

I awoke when a alarm started to wail loudly, my senses started to work again but my legs were still hopelessly useless "stupid legs won't heal yet" I exclaimed in frustration. Dad stopped "what do you mean heal, what did Frank want with you lot" he asked again

"Dad it's not important, we need to get out of here, now please stop asking" I yelled. He still wasn't satisfied "Denny Nara Steele, you tell me this instant" he tried.

I rolled my head "not now dad kinda trying to get away from this hell hole" I groaned, he was getting angry and we stopped completely "Denny, tell me now" he ordered. I snapped my head around "fine you want to know, we have superpowers, from microwave popcorn, made from the same bloody microwave that you took from the school, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW" I yelled at him. He was shocked and looked ahead "come on let's get to the elevator before they shut it off" he told, we all agreed to that and went back on the move.

My back buzzed lightly and I looked at Jaxon as pain filled my body "put me down, it's healing" I flinched. He nodded and placed me down softly and carefully, I pushed my self up on the wall and waited. My back started to move and I gasped as the bone mended them selves, I shut my eyes as the pain shot through me. I puffed lightly as the burning sensation turned into a dull throb and later disappeared making me feel a heck of a lot better. I managed to stand up with help from Sam and dad "that's, incredible" dad said almost speechlessly as he checked my back through my blood stained shirt.

We moved on and stopped at the elevator "ok you guys go on, I'll lock the doors and meet you up top" dad told punching the elevator button and it lit up

"No we leave together" I told but dad didn't agree he held my shoulders and looked into my eyes "Denny I promise I will be back, theres a second escape I can go to, please go" he said in a choking voice. I nodded and hugged him, looked up at him "you have to come back, you don't have a choice, ok" I told. He nodded and kissed my head as the elevator opened "now go" he told, we did so and as the doors closed I felt a tad bit of dread.

We ran out of the elevator and a pack of guys with guns met us and Alissa put up a force field at bullets showered at us, Jaxon raised his hand and the guns floated against the users will into mid air. The soldiers stood there looking up completely gobsmacked, Nash smiled with a little flutter of her fingers as the guns were propelled at their heads knocking them unconscious.

Alissa put the force field down and we ran out of the facility, my speed picked up and I stopped with a cloud of dust at my feet. I locked back as the others caught up, Sam being first. I looked back at the facility to hear a loud alarm and a electronic woman's voice amplified "EVACUATE IMMANENTLY, SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE ACTIVATED, PLEASE EXIT THE BUILDING IN AN ORDERLY FASHION, T-15 minuets" it told. My eyes widened and my stomach dropped, I turned to Nash who looked at me "Nash find my dad" I told.

She shook her head "I'm sorry, I, I can't, my sense isn't working yet" she stammered, I tackled her "you tell me right now, he isn't dying just cause you don't want to do something you hear me" I yelled. With her eyes shot with fear I knew it was worthless, I got off her and looked at Alissa "I have to go after him, Ally you know my mum and I need him" I told. She shook her head

"I can't let you kill yourself, sorry" she told while putting me in a force field bubble.

I punched the walls for several minuets time quickly ticking away, when the count down hit seven minuets I freaked out even more "let me out Ally, I need to get him" I yelled but she shook her head "you came after me to save me, now I have to save you" she told. I looked back at the facility and lowered my head "if you won't let me save him, them I will" I todo while oscillating my way through the wall. Alissa was thrown backwards and I ran forward at the base, not even waiting for the elevator door to open.

The entire level was engulfed in flames, no one was around. I heard breathing and ran in the direction to see my farther destroying computers "dad we have to go" I yelled over the blaring sounds. He looked at me and widened his eyes "you can't be here Denny, GO" he blared. I shook my head

"No, you said you be back, you lied" I yelled tears forming from both the flames and my anger.

I bolted to him, braced him and moved him through the hallways. We paused at an staircase exit and I ran him up it, we stopped at a metal door that was melted shut. I kicked it and punched it but it was red hot, I couldn't make it budge. I tried going back down but that door was melted too, dad wasn't doing too good. We had three minuets to leave, I looked at the door and grabbed dad "Denny you'll die" he told. I shook my head

"Died before, look dad I'll survive and I'll get us out, please" I asked of him.

He nodded and I moved us through the hotplate door, burning my self since I put all of my energy into making dad move through the door fast enough. I looked left to see a fire blanket on the wall, I ripped it off and covered dad in it as I moved him through the flames that had formed on the top level. Immense pain flooded through out my body, my eyes were dry and my lungs felt worse. Breathing became harder and harder as I moved, I saw a clearing and ran.

I got about a yard away when I stopped barely standing. Dad coughed and looked at me in horror and looked behind us tears formed in his eyes "goodbye Denny" he smiled, three loud bells rang and an huge explosion sounded and I was knocked into blackness.

AN: hope you enjoyed this we're a third the way through