6: Show Off

"Ready dude" I asked from the 80 foot height, Sam pulled out his camera and Alissa folded her arms "I still think your an idiot for doing this" she yelled, I shrugged. Sam looked up from his camera

"Three, Two, One" he counted down, I leant forward and fell straight down with a hard smack onto the rock hard dirt. Sam and Alissa ran to my side, I got up with a dislocated shoulder and cuts on my face, relocating my shoulder I smiled at the camera "you get that Super Boy" I asked Sam nodded with a broad smile

"Dude that was amazing" he laughed.

Alissa cracked her knuckles "ok my turn" she grinned. Ally walked under the metal structure I had just jumped off and looked at Sam who nodded. Ally turned invisible and I laughed "hey Ally I bet I can make you visible" I grinned

"yeah right" she scoffed. I cracked my neck and ran flat stick at her but hit something and bounced off at least three feet. I looked up to see Alissa's palm face up and elbow extended, some sort of domed semi clear purple force field "DUUUUUDE, that was, awesome" I exclaimed. Alissa looked around and put her force field down.

Sam was amazed "your just like Sue Storm" he grinned, Alissa and I both starred at him in confusion "fantastic four, the invisible women, urrrgh, Jessica Alba in that super hero movie"

"Ohhhhhhh" Alissa and I said together. Sam slapped his forehead and handed me the camera. I pointed it at him as he floated in the air "ready" I asked. He nodded and flew straight up. I followed him with the camera as he flew around with amazing speed, he landed softly after nose diving down "show off" I laughed.

He rolled his eyes as I closed the camera and handed it to him "I can't believe our luck, getting super powers, amazing" Sam grinned. I was going to add something but my phone rung, I looked at it and saw my dad's icon

"Dad, hi" I said shocked

"Hey Denny Girl, guess what" he asked

"I'm home, where are you, I'll pick you up" he asked, my eyes widened

"Dam one sec, someone's ringing me" I said covering the mic

"Guys my dad is back" I whispered

"I thought your dad was in DC for another three months" Alissa asked.

I nodded "yeah, I did too, what do I do, he wants to know where I am, my clothes aren't the best thing he should see" Alissa was running through thoughts and had an idea "your gonna sneak into your bedroom, Sam flys me to your place, we distract your dad while you get changed, then you come back out with your board and rock up at the front door" she explained. I nodded and placed my phone back on my ear "hi dad, I'm back, I'm on my way now, I was just getting some new wheel bearings, I'm like, four minuets away, I'll see you there" I told.

Dad nodded "sounds great Den, see you soon" he said hanging up, I looked at Sam and Alissa "you go to my place and I get changed see ya in a jiffy" I smiled while running off. I skidded to a halt outside my bedroom window and looked up to the second story, I climbed up the water guttering and opened my window and jumped into my bedroom with a loud crash. Dad must of heard it cause cause I heard someone approach the stairs, that was till the door bell rung.

"Oh Mr Steele, didn't know you were back, is Denny here" Alissa asked from the front door, I quickly got changed and climbed out of the and rode my board towards my place from the end of the street "oh hey Alissa what are you doing here" I asked. She smiled

"Oh I was going to ask if you could hang out but I think you'd like to catch up, see ya at school hey" she smiled while running off.

I an to dad and gave him a massive hug "your gonna tell me everything, and I mean everything, I will know the governments secrets" I exclaimed. Dad rolled his eyes and rubbed my hair "nice try kiddo, so your mums at work huh" he asked. I nodded and walked into the house "so what's with the early trip, you got canned, I knew it, you shouldn't have ever moved there" I started.

Dad shook his head "no, actually I got a breakthrough in my research, they let me have time away from the office" he explained. I nodded

"Fair enough" I nodded, dad starred at me and tilted my chin left. He wiped something off my cheek "is this, blood" he asked, I shook my head and raised an eyebrow "dad why would blood be on my face" I smiled. He shrugged and wiped it off his finger "well clean your self up, maybe we could play some baseball or something" he shrugged. I nodded "that would be great dad" I laughed while running up the stairs and chucking my board on my bed.

After playing some ball for about five hours dad was tired, we went back home at about seven at night and mum was waiting. She crossed her arms and I looked at dad "no note, or call that you were back huh" mum yelled while giving dad quick hug "now I think it's time we had dinner, considering I made it two hours ago" mum huffed. Dad smiled till his phone rung he looked at the ID and his happy expression faded "I need to take this" he said while kiss mum and I on the forehead and walked into the study.

I raised my eye brow, dad shouldn't have gotten a call from work "I'm gonna wash up, I'll help set up in a second" I told mum. She nodded and walked away. I popped open my laptop and saw the hidden camera in the study, I had placed cameras all around the house so I could record mums reactions on pranks. I plugged in head phones and listened in on the live stream "Frank I just got back, I played baseball with my teenage daughter that I haven't seen in two months other than on Skype, so excuse me for not investigating the plasmatic spikes straight away" dad whispered at the phone that defiantly got my interest.

After a pause dad nodded "yes sir, I will investigate it tomorrow, good bye sir" dad told while hanging up the phone. I closed my laptop and jumped off my bed only to trip on some clothes, I slammed into my door "Denny are you all right" mum asked "yeah, I'm fine, just tripped over" I called.

AN:

Hey guys I'm sorry for not updating for so long, I do honestly feel bad, I just have been lazy which is unfair to you. But I'm back and I will be updating often, including on Christmas Eve. So yes IM SORRY. And see ya later alligator