Lose Control

Third Person PoV

The Quaestor was busy doing research while at the same time torturing an unfortunate soul that accidentally cross there path earlier. It was already midnight and the whole Vesuvia was fast asleep including the ones in the Palace, well almost everyone you can't nudge yourself to fall back to sleep your sweating, having trouble breathing, 'nightmares' you said to yourself immediately sit up and look around the room, you sigh before opening the large windows and let the cold breeze engulf you, you look up and saw the moon was shining brighter playing with the stars that surrounds it, you decided to go where the Quaestor is obviously in the dungeon. You and the Quaestor were been together for Half a year now and there's one time your at there estate, you keep telling them to rest and sleep with you but they just keep replying that there demon and doesn't need sleep before kissing your forehead and going back to the Lab and do some research you just rolled your eyes at that thought they rarely go to sleep with you but if they did you always cherish those moments with them. You sigh the Hallways feel so quiet and dark but the Moon and stars was providing lights through the windows just enough so you can see.

As you descended your way down the gloomy staircase you can't help but feel dizzy you reach the end and immediately open the wooden door and saw the Quaestor torturing an unfortunate soul studying their inside your eyes widen at the sight. They look at you

"Why are still awake, dearest?"

they ask confuse ignoring the struggling soul infront of them and just looking at you, you avoid the questions

"Valdemar, what's this about?"

You ask not feeling well

"Oh just some... Experiment to expand my knowledge on Human Anatomy, no big deal"

they replied smoothly smiling like a little demon they are, showing all those sharp teeth

"No, that's not what I meant, why are you dismembering ppl,... I already told you to not too"

I said crossing my arms while glaring at them.

"Again"

I continued they come closer to me and I did'nt flinch or backdown just looking up to them motionless

"Who do you think you are to order me around"

there voice was like venom

"I told you not too, and besides I did'nt order you to do so"

you said, has the same amount of venom just like there's, they frown at your confrontation and grab your chin they're hurting you

"You don't have the rights to do so" they retracted there gloved hand "Besides what can you do about it, hmm?"

they continue while circling around you like a predators do to their preys

"Humans only live a short life they die just like animals"

they said

"That's why am asking you to stop this Valdemar, Humans only live shorts that's why they always treasure their lives, always live to the fullest like there ain't for tommorow"

you said softly to them.

"WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND, THEY ONLY LIVE SHORT SO WHY BOTHER CONTINUE LIVING, IT'S ALL MEANINGLESS"

they shouted at you, looking you directly in the eyes you never seen them this angry before there eyes was like on fire, you step back a single tear fall on your eyes