XXXIV.

the next morning, i woke up with one purpose. i was going to break up with louis.

the thought of it just killed me. i really didn't want to let him go. all the memories we've made, the compliments, the cuddles. it was hard to not think about them. but i knew it was probably for the best.

like finn, ill probably always still feel some feelings for louis. even just a little bit. he was going to always have some space in my heart.

i got up and put on a sweatshirt and walked through the hallway straight to the guest room, where louis was staying.

"louis." i knocked on the door. "are you awake?"

i heard a quiet groan come from the other side of the door. knowing louis, he probably forgot about everything that had happened last night when he slept it off, and now it was all coning back to him.

"yeah." he said. i turned the doorknob and opened the door. louis was sitting on the end of the bed. he was rubbing his eyes. he had definitely just woke up.

"i need to talk to you." i told him as i came down to sit next to him. although we had been so close, it now seemed weird just to even sit next to him. it didn't feel the same no more.

he nodded and was ready to hear what i had to say.

"so...i really don't want to bring it up anymore. you know what you did, and so do i. i just don't want to argue about it anymore. im done with it."

he raised his eyebrow. "so what do you mean? what are you suggesting?" his voice was quiet.

i think he already knew what i was about to say, he was just dreading for time where the words were actually going to come out of my mouth.

"i think that it is best if we..." i paused. i didn't want to say it, but he seemed to have finished it for me.

"you want to break up, don't you?" his voice was trembling. he let out a huge sigh and buried his face in his hands. i knew that it was gonna hurt for the both of us.

i sighed. "yeah. i think that's what is best louis." he didn't answer me, just sitting silent in the same position. i never thought we would end like this. i felt some tears coming down. "could you please say something?" i asked him. i couldn't handle the quietness no more.

"well what do you want me to say y/n? you ended things and it's over. what do you expect my reaction to be?"

he was partially right. but if he didn't want to feel like this he should have not gone through with the things he did in the first place. i had to remember that this was not my fault and that i was just doing what was right.

"louis it's just that after this mess i don't think things are going to work between the both of us no more." i tried to tell him. "but that doesn't mean that you weren't special to me, because you were. but i think things just need to move on now."

he was just sitting there shaking his head. "y/n, is this what you really want?" he asked. i nodded my head slowly. "it is louis. and you know, ive thought about this for so long and i didn't want to do it to you but-"

he cut me off. "then why did you y/n?" his voice was starting to raise, but he knew that he shouldn't and caught himself before he did.  he wasn't one to get all angry and shout at me. he was more of the silent angry type.

"because i knew it would be better for me...and for you too." i continued. i knew that this time i was right. if i didn't break things up, it would be uncomfortable and messy.

"so what now?" i heard him say. i didn't know how to respond to that question. "well i have no idea to be honest. but maybe...it's best if you leave. we should have some time away from each other and alone." i told him. "we are both going through some feelings."

i felt bad for throwing all of this on him at once but part of me also didn't care. 

"i can leave tonight if you want me too." he said in a quiet voice. i don't think we have ever been this weird and awkward around each other before. "yeah thank you louis."

i slowly walked out of his room and closed the door shut. as soon as it closed, i found myself crying in the hallway between the two room, and behind the closed door, i could hear him doing the same too.

authors corner 🌆
im back sorry it took me so long to finally update this book! i knew that a lot of you were waiting for some new chapters.

sad emotional kinda chapter innit?