XXIX

the last couple of days have been so lonely since louis had left for atlanta. i guess it was normal now for me to be around him everyday, so it felt different without him here.

i tried to forget about it and go on with the rest of the weekend.

“calm down y/n.” i told myself multiple times. “you can live without him for a day or two. that is what you used to do before you met him.”

I looked outside my window. it was a nice day out. i decided to go ahead and spend a day at the beach to get louis off my mind. a little alone time with myself seemed like fun. plus, i would be able to drive around on my own, which i haven’t really done for a while since i got my license.

i grabbed my cute hippie looking tote bag that was hanging from my door handle and looked around my room to find things to toss in it.

i threw in a pair of cool shades, sunscreen, a portable phone charger, a hat, a beach towel, and a book that i was probably not going to end up reading.

i slipped on this beautiful floral print ribbed two piece swimsuit i had just bought in case i wanted to take a swim in the water, and put a t-shirt and shorts over it.

i gathered all my things and slipped my shoes on at the front door, and locked things up and headed into my car. wow, it really has been a while since i drove this thing on my own.

i put the keys in and started the ignition, and that’s when my phone started to ring.

i grabbed my phone from the passenger's seat, which was sitting on top of my pile of things. i looked over at the glowing screen, it was millie.

“hey mills.” i answered as i backed out of the driveway. “sorry hi i’m in the car. what’s up?”

“hi y/n, i was just bored so i wanted to call. where are you heading to?” she asked through the phone.

“just going to spend a day at the beach by myself today because i have absolutely nothing to do today.” i replied, keeping my eyes on the road as i spoke.

“oh nice but why by yourself? where is louis boy? did he not want to come along or did you make this a self care thing?”

“oh louis isn’t here for the weekend.” i explained. “he said his manager had called last minute and that he had to fly back over to atlanta for something that had to do with enola holmes. so i’m all by myself for a couple of days.”

i was focused on the drive to make sure not to get into some kind of accident, and i was not paying attention to my phone, and didn’t hear a word from millie for a minute. i knew that she hadn’t hung up.

“is everything okay millie? you haven’t said anything.”

she paused for a second and started talking again. “i’m still here y/n, i’m sorry. but i was just looking at my schedule...and i don’t think we are doing anything for enola holmes this weekend. no filming, photoshots, or press. unless it doesn’t involve me or something.”

“what?” i was so confused.

“what i’m saying is, from what i am seeing there is no reason for enola holmes that louis needs to be here in atlanta, unless no one told me. so i think that louis might have lied to you.”

i sat in silence for a minute. why would louis lie to me? i didn’t think there was any reason for him to, and we tell each other everything. right?

“um...i don’t know why he would lie to me. that doesn’t seem like him mills. you know what i’m saying. but he also was acting a little weird before he left.”

“he was? what was he acting like?” she asked.

“well he just seemed like he was tired and he wanted to lie in bed all day and do nothing. i just thought he was exhausted and overwhelmed over something.”

“maybe he was worried about lying to you and didn’t want to do it. but he did it anyways.” millie suggested.

i didn’t like the fact that millie was throwing out the fact that louis might be lying, because that just gave out the possibility that she was right and that it was true. i tried to erase that thought from my mind.

i pulled into the parking lot of the beach, and found a spot to park in. i picked up my phone, that was sitting in the cupholder this entire time, and was finally able to see millie’s face on the call.

“well i appreciate it mills. i’m here now, so i’m going to go on with my day and call him later. i’m sure he will have some kind of explanation.” i told her before we exchanged our goodbyes and hung up.

i brought all my stuff out and spread my beach towel across the fine sand. i tried to find some ways to enjoy myself, but i feel like my entire day was now ruined by the fact that louis could be possibly lying to me about something.

and if he was, then what was it? and why did he have to be in atlanta.

i picked up my phone and pushed his contact and decided to give him a call now. i didn’t want to keep it on my mind and wait till later to call him.

the phone rang for an entire minute, before it was sent to the voicemail.

i called him again, and again, and again. and i just got the same voicemail every time.

“c’mon louis pick up the stupid phone.” i whispered to myself. but again, i just got the same thing.

i threw my phone across to the other end of the towel in frustration, i packed up all my things and walked back into the car. i didn’t feel like being out anymore. i just wanted to leave.

i just sat in the drivers seat in disappointment, feeling a single tear trickle down my right eye. and just like before, i was back to where i started.

authors corner 🌆
updating cover and font for the title! <3
so...how are we feeling about louis??