XXVIII.

“hey y/n! come here i need to tell you something.”

i was brushing my teeth in the bathroom connected to my bedroom. i could barely hear him. his yell was so faint and he was probably just lying down on my bed. louis is so lazy i joked in my head.

“why don’t you come over here and tell me.” i responded. “i can’t hear you and i’m kind of doing something right now.”

i heard him let out a groan as he got up and walked over to the bathroom. i saw him come through the door from the mirror, and i almost spit some toothpaste bubbles out of my mouth.

his hair was so messy. but i wasn’t going to complain because that was the way i liked it. i ran my fingers through his fluffy brown hair and laughed as i reached into a drawer and pulled out a hairbrush.

i spit out my toothpaste into the sink and wiped my mouth. i handed the comb to louis, who looked confused on what to do with it.

“here this is for your hair, it’s messy.” i giggled. “anyways what did you want me to tell me about?”

he seemed to hesitate before he spoke.

“well i wanted to tell you that i’m going to be leaving for atlanta later tonight. my manager texted me yesterday and uh he told me that i have some kind of meeting for enola holmes and that i need to be back over there for the weekend. i’ll be back here at your house on monday though.”

oh wow. i didn’t expect this right now. but if louis had to go for work purposes then he has to do what he has to do. i have to remember that i don’t own louis and that he can’t be with me all the time. he has his own life to live.

“well that was really um...unexpected?” i replied.

“yeah i’m so sorry y/n that it was so sudden.” he wrapped his arms around me.

i looked in the mirror and i smiled. he was so cute. i was disappointed that he was going to be leaving for the weekend. but i have to learn to live without him eventually, because once he starts getting booked for more projects, this relationship will have to be a long distance thing.

“to be honest, i don’t really want to go but i’m kind of um forced to go against my will.”

“your so funny.” i gave him a kiss on the cheek. “unless the people working on enola holmes are planning on holding you hostage or something.”

“uhm not really but i guess something like that. but it isn’t the enola crew. well um i just don’t want to do what i’m going to do.” he told me.

his tone sounded somewhat sad or exhausted. i really hope that he was just joking around and that he was tired. i mean louis is louis, and he tends to say these kinds of things. but something seemed weird about it. was he really not looking forward to seeing the cast and crew of his movie?

“wait is everything fine?.” i asked him. i was genuinely worried about whether there was something going on with him. all i want is to know he is okay.

“what makes you say that? if it’s what i just said just forget it. i don’t know what i just said.” he replied.

i walked over back to the bed and ordered him to sit back down so that we could talk. he came walking over to the bed like a zombie, looking almost dead but not completely.

“i don’t know. you’re acting a little different and you don’t seem very happy to be seeing the enola team. plus you look tired and exhausted.” i explained.

he fell back onto the bed and sighed. “sorry y/n, i guess i’m just overwhelmed that’s all.”

i went over to him and gave him a huge hug. i could feel the comfort as he sat his head snug against my shoulder. poor louis. i hate to see him like this because i have never seen him like this before.

“i’m sorry you feel like that lou. i wish there was something that i could do.” i made my embrace around him tighter. the least i could do is maybe try and cuddle him to make him feel better.

“i’ll probably just take 5 hour energy or something so that i will be able to leave tonight.” he grinned. “because i don’t want to leave.”

he leaned over and gave me a kiss. i didn’t want him to leave either.

“i don’t want you to go, but you’ll be back by monday and i think i can live till then.” i smiled.

we rolled over and i cuddled him until it was time for him to leave. i was going to miss this for the weekend.

_______

authors corner 🌆
i was not lying when i said i was going to be releasing chapters more often now !

im putting my new louis book together, can't wait for you guys to read it <3