VIII.

"oh my gosh! she did it! that's my best friend!"

it was the next day, and millie and i were at the state licensing. i had just got in the car to take my final driver's test, and it turns out that i had actually passed. 

wow. i had finally got my driver's license. it had felt like i had to wait forever to get it, but now i have it, right in my hand. 

millie and i were walking in the parking lot back to the car. 

"you look so cute in your license picture." millie scoffed. "i looked so horrible in mine."

millie was a year and a couple months older than me, so she already had her license. 

we hopped into the car and i took the drivers seat. "now, i can be the one to drive, and you don't have to all the time mills." i laughed. 

"yeah yeah. but it's kind of sad that the first place you have to drive me to is the airport, y/n."

it was kind of sad. millie was supposed to be at the airport and on a flight back this afternoon. she had just wanted to stay long enough to see me pass my test and get my license. 

"i really wish you didn't have to leave so soon." i sighed. 

she leaned over and gave me a hug. "it's okay y/n. ill be back before you know it." she added. "and as soon as the season is announced to release, we have a bunch of press, and then by then you will probably be annoyed of me. 

"how could i ever be annoyed of you?" i rolled my eyes sarcastically. 

....

after about a thirty minute drive, we had reached the airport. i caught a tear trickling down my left eye, but i quickly wiped it away from my face. i didn't want millie to see, because then she would probably get all emotional too. 

the truth was that i just had a hard time saying goodbye, especially to important people. 

finn. 

his name floated around my head as i thought of that.

"ugh. cut it out y/n." i thought to myself. "it isn't worth it anymore. not worth your feelings or your time."

to be distracted, i turned my attention over to millie. "let me help you get your luggage out of the trunk mills."

"oh well okay then. thanks a lot y/n."

i decided to come into the airport and see her leave to the gates. it had been some time since i have been to an airport. i haven't traveled since i came back from filming in atlanta.

i looked around the little shops trying to stall time so she didn't need to leave so soon. because knowing mills, she would want to leave earlier to be more professional. just because that was her. millie. the cool and independent girl.

"hey millie. don't you think we should get you some stuff for the plane? look there are some snacks, magazines, oh look travel pillows. don't you want a travel pi-"

she grabbed my arm. "what is going on with you, y/n? like calm down you seem like your hyperventilating or something."