Chapter 34 - A messy aftermath

*

Lucas ran toward the Huran Supreme Commander's private tent. The alerted patrolling soldiers rushed toward him with their swords in their hands.

Lucas swiftly blasted them with his aura-clad legendary sword.

The soldiers were thrown out far away and landed lifeless on the ground.

One-hit kill.

For him, was mercy from a knight.

Even though they are enemy soldiers, it does not necessarily mean that they were personally bad people. Most of them were obligatorily conscripted to war for the sake of their kingdom. So, Lucas gave each of them a smooth and painless death.

Lucas continued running forward. He only needs to look in front of him. His back and sides were covered flawlessly by the red-haired magician. As much as he dislikes her, he had to admit that she is a reliable person.

And so, he entered the tent fearlessly.

It was dark. But it didn't bother Lucas. His keen eyes quickly discovered where the target was.

His target, the Supreme Commander of the Pagan Kingdom of Hura, who is also their ambitious third prince, was lying in his bed at the far corner of the luxurious tent.

It seemed like he had just woken up from his slumber due to the noise and commotion from outside. He looked confused.

Two high-ranking knights were protecting him at each side, probably the kingdom's strongest knights tasked to protect their supreme commander.

Alas, at the safety of the safest tent of the camp, protected by dozens of patrolling soldiers and knights, they were negligent. That, and the belief that there's no way that the code-abiding South Kingdom and Helios Empire will ever think of such an underhanded measure. They looked as if they were just woken from their sleep too.

The knights were totally caught off guard. There was a little skirmish but they were easily defeated by the fully alerted and motivated Lucas.

The supreme commander prince attacked Lucas with fireballs attacks.

The third prince was a gifted shaman. His forte was his destructive fire magic. He also was praised because of his evil genius brain.

According to Gregory's intel, the prince was the real mastermind of this year's war. Three years ago, he was the one who first proposed the dirty plans of attacking the South Kingdom from inside and ambushing the Alliance's army camps.

With the seemingly flawless evil plan and the backup of his great magical power, even the arrogant Huran king and the insufferable Grand Witch of Hura put their complete trust and confidence in him. His faction was so strong, it had completely thrown Huran Crown Prince's faction to the sideline.

As long as he wins the war, he was guaranteed to be the next King of Huran Kingdom.

But what does it matter now?!

His unaffectionate father was getting impatient because of the continuous loss. His grand strategies failed one after another. He was put under a lot of pressure from the King and the Grand Witch.

Even the powerless Crown Prince was getting more support from the people since he started a campaign against the meaningless war.

And now, his very life is in grave danger. So why does anything else matter now?!

Fuck! Fuck!

The prince inwardly cursed as he attacked the swordmaster with fireballs. He never personally seen the swordmaster before, but he was infamous among his soldiers.