Chapter 23 - Beatrice Vallenrose

Damn it. The old count sure talks a lot!

Lucas cursed inwardly.

Talking with Count Gladio exhausted him. Now that he was finally free, he looked around the imperial banquet hall, looking for a certain black-haired beauty.

He couldn't find her.

As he walked toward the terrace Allyssa and he was planning to go before the banquet started, he saw the black-haired Royal Scholar walked to the same terrace he was approaching.

And he heard Allyssa's voice calling the nickname he came to love because she calls him that all the time. He also heard Allyssa's disappointed voice, asking that guy to join her instead.

From where Lucas stood, he saw two figures standing side by side. A graceful lady with wavy hair that was blacker than the night, and a dignified tall man whose black hair shone tint of burgundy in the dimmed light.

Somehow they looked good together. Lucas genuinely hated it.

Lucas wanted to barge into the terrace to retrieve Allyssa. However, Allyssa started a conversation with that person.

It would be weird if he suddenly appeared in front of both of them, so Lucas spitefully turned back.

But, as I thought, It'd be dangerous if I just leave them be.

Lucas walked to a secluded window located away from the gathering nobles. Its distance was about 20 meters from the terrace where Allyssa was. It would be impossible for anyone else, but Lucas activated his swordmaster keen senses so that he can eavesdrop on the conversation.

At the same time, at the corner near the terrace, behind the luxuriously embroidered curtain, a light-brown-haired lady was hiding while stalking the terrace. Her sharp violet eyes glared hatefully at Allyssa.

"Tsk. That b*tch! She's going to monopolize my Avery again! Even though she'd let any man dance with the dirty body of hers at parties, she still covets my Avery!"

She bit her nail as she cursed quietly.

The girl turned around and stomped her feet as she approached her friends.

"You guys! From today on, attend as many parties as you can. I need you to tell everyone that the Duke's daughter's Allyssa Reynold they thought was the most graceful noble lady is actually a cheap tramp. Tell them this-"

She continued to speak with a very low voice that can only be heard by her convenient friends.

***

"Hi, Avery! I'm so glad the weather today is so nice."

The girl who just came out from her mansion smiled brightly at Avery. The breeze blew softly as if welcoming her.

She waved at him excitedly with one hand and the other hand was fixed on her oversized hat, preventing it from flying away. Her soft waist-length wavy hair was dancing freely in the wind.

She was wearing a pale yellow dress decorated with soft blue ribbon, matching the hat.

"You look beautiful, Lyssa."

"Well, thank you. You look beautiful, too!"

Allyssa cheerfully grinned.

Avery escorted his long-time crush to the carriage.

This was the second time he went out with Lyssa. They were planning to do some shopping and go to a café today.

Avery still can't believe how perfect their first date was. Sitting on a mat, gazing at the full-bloomed cherry blossoms next to the lake at Helen Park. Allyssa even brought a picnic basket filled with turkey ham sandwiches and strawberry tarts.