Chapter 7: Uh Is This Really Happening?

Julie gestures to the flannel that I'm wearing over my clothes, "You wearing that to school? Everybody knows that you don't have a boyfriend."

I look at her, yeah it's true. I haven't had a serious relationship ever and suddenly I'm wearing a boy's flannel. "Uh yeah, I'll just take it off when we perform I guess," I look back down at the side walk. We just arrived at the school.

Once we get inside the doors we jog to the music room across the school. As we jog, I take off Luke's flannel and shove in my bag. The school seems awfully quiet today. We find only Flynn in the music room playing horrible notes on a gold trumpet.

"Jules, Y/n/n? What are you guys doing here?" Flynn sits up putting the trumpet in her lap.

"Well we were going to sing for Miss Harrison, to get Jules back into the program, but I guess we missed our shot," I look at Flynn, then Julie.

"Hey where is everyone?" Julie asks looking at Flynn.

"Spirit assembly. I'm kinda blowing it off, because I'm not feeling very spirity. Wait a sec," Flynn stands up and walks over to us, "you guys didn't miss your chance. Come on!" she grabs one of Julie's hands and one of mine dragging us towards the gym.

We walk into the gym and we see Carrie's group, Dirty Candy perform a song they've been working on for weeks, Wow.

Flynn scoffs, "Look who spent all her daddy's money on costumes and Katy Perry's choreographer."

Julie was in awe, "Well it definitely payed off."

I feel a presence next to me and turn to see the guys. Luke is closest to me, then Reggie, then Alex.

"What are you guys doing here?" I nudge Julie and she sees them too.

"We came to see you guys stick it to the man," Luke says excitedly.

"Man, I miss high school," comes from an astonished Reggie staring at our cheerleaders.

Towards the end of the song, Alex starts copying Carrie's moves and Luke starts gesturing him to stop. Julie notices. This makes her more nervous. Finally the song ends.

Flynn looks at Julie as our principle and Miss Harrison walk into the center of the gym, "There she is! Go talk to her! I'll see you in music class!" with this she walks over to the bleachers to sit down.

"Are you okay guys? Because you guys look really nervous," Reggie asks with comfort in his eyes.

"Yeah you look really nervous, Y/N, like yak in a bowl nervous," Alex looks at me with reassuring eyes.

Luke was looking at Julie, but then he turned to me. I say in response to his turn, "I don't know if I had enough time to work on the song."

"Julie. Y/N. I wouldn't have given you guys that song if I wasn't sure you were gonna rock it! Now, there's a piano and a couple mics with your names on them. Go blow this school away," Luke's hazel eyes meet mine and I'm all of a sudden calmed.

Julie and I turn around to the stairs. We go up on the stage. She sits at the piano and I walk over to grab a mic. The tech guy looks at his clipboard with a confused look. People are starting to exit the gym, because the assembly is over. Julie starts playing the piano and he shines a spotlight on us.

Julie starts singing the beginning and I harmonize with her. All of a sudden the guys appear and start singing with us. Julie and I laugh into our mics, then the guys realize that people can see them. Luke is jamming out on Alex's platform then when he jumps off I go over to him.

"Uh is this really happening?" I as him out of range from the mic.

"Just go with it!" He says running over to his mic and he starts singing.

We play having a blast when the guy and the girl duets go back and forth. I go over to Luke as he starts singing. We lock eyes. I put my mic over so he sings into it, coming closer to me, then he signals for us to go down towards the crowd, I sing and he plays his guitar. I walk over to Reggie after my verse and rock out with him. Julie walks through Luke and I hear the crowd gasp.

I hear Luke's final riff, so I walk to the front of the stage with Julie and we bow at the same time. When we come back up we realized our band is gone. Everyone gasps, Jules and I just look at each other. We have no idea how we are going to explain this.

Author's Note: Hey everyone! Wow this story has been quite the adventure so far! I hope you guys like it! I wanted to leave this chapter here, even though it's a little short, because it is where episode 2 left off. And I know that I'm bias, but I feel like this is a pretty good story as far as Y/N and Luke's romance goes. All of the stories that I've read she's able to touch him without any thought and I figured I'd do something a little bit different! I also haven't read any stories talking about how Caleb Covington is the main character's dad. I have big plans for this story, even after Stand Tall takes place, so sit back, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the show!