Chapter 3: We Were Looking For The Kitchen?

Flynn comes in talking about how she drank a whole 7 sodas just to stay awake last night. Like dang girl that's a lot even for me. She starts talking about how Julie can't give up music. I nod in agreeance at some of the things she says, but my mind cant get off of the boy with shaggy brunette hair, hazel eyes, and his sleeveless shirt. I always want what I can't have but he's a ghost.

Last Night I Had a Dream About Him:
I was in my room writing in my song book when he appeared in. I let out a quiet "Ahhhh" and he makes a "Shhhhhhhh" noise with his finger to his lips. He starts looking around my room looking at all of the pictures and posters on my walls. He walks over to a Shawn Mendes poster and scoffs.

"As nice as your company is," I say looking at him with a smile, "what are you doing here?"

I close my song book and stand up. I go over to my window and wait for his response. As I look out my window I see a shadow figure in the darkness. He kind of looks like me. He is wearing a strange top hat and a long cloak. Luke comes over to the window and I look up at him.

"Surprisingly enough ghosts actually need sleep," as if on cue, he yawns, "and Reg keeps snoring. I know how Julie feels about us being in her space, so this was the first place I thought of. Can I stay here? Please?" he was using his puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah sure Luke," I say with a big smile on my face, I motion towards the queen size bed in the corner of the room, he looks at me with a smile.

"You sure?" he says with a confused look, "I mean I don't mind, but if you're uncomfortable I'll just sleep on the floor."

I'm already sitting on my bed. He goes to grab a pillow. "Just lay down, Rockstar."

"Yes ma'am," he says with a grin. I lay my head on the pillow closest to the wall and he lays on the one closest to my nightstand. We are just laying there, facing each other, I go to put my hand on his chest and right before I do, Julie's alarm goes off.

"Y/N? Y/N?" Julie says waving her hand in front of my face.

Flynn looks at me confused. "You have the 'daydreaming of a boy' look all over your face."

"Anyways," Julie says, knowing who I'm most likely daydreaming about because I talk in my sleep, "lets head to school!" She puts her arms around my shoulder, then Flynn's.

We walk out of the garage and I see the boys leaning against the garage door pretending like the weren't listening, which I know they were. They're teenage boys, of course they were. I make sure not to look at Luke. I smile and Reggie and Alex and I wave at them, but Luke notices something's up.

We walk into school and straight for the music room. "I'm very sorry Julie. I'm glad you played again, I've been praying for this moment this whole year. But the new student starts tomorrow. And there are only-"

"So many spots, I know," Julie says cutting our teacher off.

After that the school day flies by. I text my mom and tell her that I'm going over to Julie's after school to work on homework. She said if I wanted to I could spend the night again. Julie and I walk up to her room. Alex is trying to pick up a picture of Julie and her mom. Luke is staring at Julie's dream box. Reggie is laying on her super comfy bed making snow angles.

"What are you guys doing in my room?" Julie says surprised and I let out a soft giggle. She sends me a glare.

"Uhhhh-" Reggie starts.

"Ummmmm-" Alex says at the same time as Reggie.

"We were looking for the kitchen?" Luke says, more like he's asking a question rather than telling us.

"This, this can't happen! It's creepy. Get off my bed please," she points at Reggie. He flips and scrambles to sit on the ottoman at the end of her bed.

"Hey Julie," Luke says glancing between Julie and her dream box, "what's in the box?"

"Um that's off limits," Julie says and glares at me.

Luke chuckles, "Oh okay. Girl stuff," he says as his voice went higher.

Reggie lights up, "Oh! Like butterflies and glitter?"

"Oh come on," Alex sighs, "I'm sorry about them."

"It's none of your business," Julie says looking at Luke and Reggie, "and yes there may be some butterfly clips in there."

"Jokes on you," I say looking at Luke, "glitter is my thing."

Reggie and Luke fist bump, obviously feeling like they've won. Julie and I hear footsteps behind us and we quickly turn around. Reggie flips over the ottoman to be next to the guys and Alex's hand goes right onto Luke's chest, Luke grabs it because he was startled. It's Julie's dad, Ray. "Hey girls! You guys talking to someone up here?"

"No dad, it must be YouTube on my laptop that we just closed," she lies, being the terrible liar she is.

"Yeah, we were watching a video on the calculus homework we have," I say with a smile, and Ray believes me.

"Oh okay," he says before walking out and closing the door.

"Your dad seems like the kind of guy who likes to barbecue," Reggie says and then realizes something, "I bet he has a great ribs recipe."

"I don't know," Julie says with a sigh, "but if you guys want to talk to us it needs to be in the garage. My dad is worried enough about me as it is. He doesn't need to be worried about her too," she says gesturing towards me.

"He seems chill," Luke says with a smile, "you should just tell him about us."

"You're kidding, right?" Julie says giving Luke the are you serious? look.

I look at Luke with the same look. "Yeah I guess you probably shouldn't tell him," Luke says, "Julie..." Luke gives her the puppy dog eyes from my dream. I make sure to look away so I wouldn't get trapped into his gaze.

"Oh my gosh! I thought I told you to leave it alone!" Julie says almost yelling at him.

"I know!" Luke says holding his arms up in defense, "You should have just said nothing, because now I can't stop thinking about it! What's in the box guys?" He looks at me with those big hazel eyes. Dang it Luke!

I was still trapped in his gaze when Julie tells him what's in the box. Luke asks something but I don't remember what he says. We are still looking at each other while Luke climbs on the bed on his stomach. He finally breaks our gaze and looks at Julie.

"Where is your kitchen, by the way?" he says with grin.

"Okay," Julie says leaning down to be on his level, "we need to set some boundaries. For starters... stay out of my room!" she yells at she points at the door.

"We're leaving!" Reggie says as he scrambles out the door. All of them leave when Alex pokes his head back in,

"Hey!" he says, making Julie and I jump, and he looks at Julie, "did you get back into your music program?"

Julie looks down, "No I didn't."

Alex also looks down "Oh, I'm sorry. That really sucks."

I walk over to Julie and rub her back, "Is that all Alex?" I ask.

"Yeah, I guess so, bye."