Chapter 20: Wait, He's The Ghost From Your Dream?

I look at all my clothes and I see an outfit perfect for tonight. I put it on and walk out of my closet, where I had changed, "Alrighty boys, what do you think?"

 I put it on and walk out of my closet, where I had changed, "Alrighty boys, what do you think?"

Luke looked up at me and smiled, "You look great!"

"I agree. What are you doing for your hair?"

"Messy bun, why?"

"That's going to be perfect! I can't wait to see the final product," I could hear the encouragement in Alex's voice.

"Wait. She isn't done?" Luke looked at me, "but she looks great!"

"Well Rockstar, I have to do my hair and makeup," I walk out of the room and into my tiny bathroom.

After I finally finished my makeup, the boys watched the whole time fascinated of course, I got a black ribbon and tied my hair up in a messy bun

After I finally finished my makeup, the boys watched the whole time fascinated of course, I got a black ribbon and tied my hair up in a messy bun. "You look perfect," Luke said smiling. Alex and I looked at him.

"What? Can you argue?" Alex just shook his head, "That's what I thought." I giggled and grabbed my bag.

We made our way downstairs and when my mom saw me, she gasped, "Darling you look amazing! I'll be over there in a little while, the pizza's almost here."

"Pizza?" Reggie asked.

"Dude you can't have any," Alex says.

"Yeah I know, but I'm glad that you guys can have the feeling of nice warm pizza."

I looked at my phone, "We gotta go guys."

We all walk out the door. Reggie falls behind, we wait for him on my porch and we see him call back a goodbye to my mom. Once he closes the door and she's out of earshot I cross my arms.

"You have a crush on my mom!"

"What! I do not!"

"Yeah dude, ya kinda do," Luke backed me up.

"I do not," Reggie grumbles.

We all share a chuckle and make our way to the party. Flynn pulls me aside before the performance. "I have a piece of advice for you, I talked to Jules about it too."

"Okay, what's up?"

"Nathan's here. He likes you. He is real. Your goal should be to avoid Luke the best you can."

"But I don't want to do that."

"I know you don't, but what choice do you really have?"

"Ugh fine. I don't want to break Nate's heart this way."

"That's my girl! You go on in 5."

I walk back into the garage and the guys are getting set up. I pace back and forth and Reggie notices, "Do you want to be a model like Alex?" he chuckles.

"I'm just a little nervous. We've always had Julie performing with us."

"Don't worry about it Y/N. We got this!" Luke was enthusiastic.

"Okay..." Flynn introduced us and the garage door opened.

It's the end of the song and I expected the guys to disappear, but Luke sits on the piano bench next to me, inches from my face. When the final note is sung, he vanishes.

I get up and start thanking everyone for coming. Nick comes up to me, "You were awesome!"

"Thanks Nick, Julie wish she could have done this, but she's sick. You're feeling okay right?"

"Oh yeah I'm perfectly fine."

"Hey I swear I saw Nate. He was here right?"

"Yeah he was, but I think he left," Nick shrugged, "maybe he had homework or something?"

"Yeah, or something."

I start walking away, "Great job again, Y/N!"

I smiled and continue to thank everyone. Flynn, my mom, Ray, Carlos, and I go inside and I see Julie walking down the stairs, "Y/N! That was amazing!" She came over and hugged me.

Flynn leaned in and whispered, "She failed on the no eye-contact thing though."

All three of us giggled. We all sat down and ate the pizza my mom had ordered. I was finished early, so I went outside to where the guys were playing basketball.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey Y/N! That was awesome!" Alex smiled at me. He wasn't really playing basketball.

"Yeah! I feel like we should be celebrating," Reggie said as Alex put his arm around my shoulder, "What should we do?"

Reggie and Luke look like they got electrocuted. I saw the same flash of purple on Alex, but he didn't seem to be hurt.

"Not that," Luke groans.

"That wasn't like the other ones," Reggie also groaned.

"Guys... I didn't feel it."

Everyone looked at Alex. I helped Luke up and Reggie slowly stood as well.

"I- I had my arm around Y/N's shoulder and I saw you guys get zapped. I felt a weird feeling in my stomach, but it didn't hurt."

"What does that mean?" Luke asked.

"It means she's Caleb's daughter."

I turn around and my childhood "imaginary" best friend was standing there.

"Will?" I walked over to him.

He gave me a hug. "Nice to see you again, under circumstances while you aren't running."

"Wait, he's the ghost from you dream? The guy that was like your protector?" Alex was in shock.

"Yeah, and he protects me now too."

"Okay Alex, that's great she knows Willie, but are we just going to ignore the fact that she's Caleb's daughter?" Luke looked at me.

"I can explain everything to you guys," Willie saw how much they mean to me.

"Explain it to me as well, I want to know what's happening to them!"

"Okay okay. Let's start with the guys, then we'll get to what part you play in this."

"I- I play a part?"

"Yes..." Willie was trying to find the right words, "A huge one actually."

I felt an arm around my waist. It was Luke. His face wasn't the sweet one it normally was when he was around me. That is the face of someone protecting somebody they love.