The Lost And Found

Two days ago... 

A horrified scream rang out through a laboratory as the hour-long torture resulted in Hydra's new recruit was contained within an incinerator to endure extreme torture. After being treated like trash, (Y/n) was eventually extracted from said incinerator and dragged along to head outside. A woman stood before (Y/n) with her hands on her hips, a devilish smirk formed on her red lips.

"A pleasure to finally meet you, Mr Peregrine. It's will be fascinating to be impersonating the man who married the She-Hulk. But don't worry, baby. I'll take good care of her and the baby." The woman whispered mockingly.

"You stay the hell away from my family!" (Y/n) snapped and jerked violently. 

The woman leaned forward and grabbed (Y/n)'s jaw and pressed her lips against his, smothering her lips over his mouth. She pulled away now as an exact duplicate of the (h/c) man before him. Shocked by this, (Y/n) was unable to do anything as the woman snapped her fingers and (Y/n) was carried away. 

(Y/n) was then taken to a shipping container outside of the secret Hydra base and locked inside. A soldier worked a crane carried the container (Y/n) was in onto a cargo ship. While the workers acted under the nose of one of the Avengers' strongholds, they worked discreetly as the shipment was due for Africa. 

(Y/n) sat in his container, now shivering within the cold steel box. Thoughts danced through his mind about his family whom he feared would never see again. Hours later and the cargo ship was in motion as it sailed away from port to head out to the open sea. Being left in the shipping container with no clothes or food or anything else for that matter left (Y/n) completely bored. 

Present day 

For the first time in her life, Jennifer Peregrine had reached rock bottom. With her husband marked for death and with no motivation to continue her job as a lawyer, all Jennifer could think about was drinking all the wine in her cabinet at home while her daughter laid in her cot unattended. It had been too long since Jennifer was in her human form. 

She needed to feel miserable. She needed to feel the depression weigh down on her. She needed her husband. Nearly an hour and a half had passed since Jennifer began to drown herself in alcohol and sorrows when the struggled cries of her daughter brought her back to her senses to become the mother she was supposed to be. 

Jennifer staggered her way towards Elaine's room using the walls as support until she found herself leaning over a toilet bowl. The slight detour was a result of excessive drinking that Jennifer wasn't used to, thus she had to throw up while her hair hung over the rim of the bowl yet the stench of her vomit would take a while to get out. 

With her daughter still crying, Jennifer didn't meddle with slouching as she forced herself to get up and check on her daughter. In the infant's room, Jennifer peered down into the cot and smiled weakly as the infant ceased its misery once it recognised the woman that reached down to grab ahold of it by its sides. 

"Hello, pumpkin," cooed Jennifer. 

She brought her daughter close to her face and wiggled their noses together before unbuttoning the top four buttons of her shirt and drew down the cup of her bra. Jennifer fed Elaine over her bosom and gave her daughter her daily dose of milk as the brown-haired woman wandered out of the room into the hall. 

Words of self-encouragement provoked Jennifer back to her She-Hulk form, in which she became energetic and positive and fixed her shirt and bra up before making their way to Jennifer's car, a '59 Dodge. Once the Gamma Gal safely bucked her daughter in her baby seat, Jennifer took care in driving herself and her daughter back to Xavier's school.